Friday 25 May 2012

Trucking...


Good evening again friends



Some of you may recall some time ago I asked for help with a card order I had



My friend Ann asked if I would make her a birthday card for her good friend Martin – she said he loved Eddie Stobart© and everything to do with it!

Well I searched all my sheets with no luck – contacted lot of my crafty friends and they had nothing either – mainly because the Eddie Stobart© is copyrighted

So in the end I googled and found a suitable image to work with – took it into PSP and created a pyramage sheet, a few different backing papers and an insert!


All that was left was to make the card now


I used a dark green A4 sheet of card, folded and created the A5 card blank


A piece of bright red card was added to the card leaving a narrow all round border



Onto that went a piece of one of the backing papers – again leaving a narrow border



After cutting out the layers for the pyramage I built the design using large sticky pads – then matted the whole image onto red card then green mirri card



That was stuck to the card front on an angle with Cosmic Shimmer PVA and just below that was a printed and foiled Birthday sentiment.



As I had a lovely sentiment stamp I wanted to use I opted for a white shaped label that had been cut using nestabilities – using a dreamweaver stencil brush I added Tim Holtz Bundled Sage distress ink pad to the edges then stamped the sentiment in black to the centre of it!



This was secured to the bottom of the card with Cosmic Shimmer PVA



I printed a verse to the insert before printing



Ann was really pleased with the card and said she knew Martin would love it too!!!



See you next time folks



x

No comments:

Post a Comment