Friday 11 May 2012

Pastel Green


Hi – I'm back again....

Today sees another stamped and heat embossed project....

The stamps are part of the collection by Chloe – and they are fab stamps – they give perfect images every time!!!

So I used the large flower, small flower, leaf, half butterfly and a sentiment from Flower Soft






To make this card I used a bought 8x8 card, trimmed a sheet of Woodland Folk brown spotty paper to fit leaving a very narrow all round border and stuck in place with double sided tape

I made sure I used the pritt stick on every piece of double sided tape or pads just so if I wasn't lined up correctly I could remove and re- position it

Using the large flower I stamped out 4 flowers using versamark then covered with Woodware pastel green embossing powder, tapped off the excess and heated.

I did the same for 4 small flowers, 4 leaves and 2 butterflies

I originally stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment but decided to go with something more general so the card could be used for most events!

When it came to making up the card I used 2 large and 2 small flowers, shaped all petals and stacked into one another – these were placed along the spine edge of the card – one at the top the other at the bottom....and the leaves were randomly placed around each flower.

I added a pretty silver button with clear inset stone into each flower centre using my favoured Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue.

One of the butterflies was stuck to the card and the 2nd was shaped and attached along the body only....again using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue

After heat embossing the sentiment, I cut it out using a label nestability and then inked the edges using a Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad – it was 1 of the limited editions – Evergreen Bough a great match it was too!

The sentiment was added at a slight angle and a pretty bow, made using brown spotty ribbon was added above it!

I love these cards – they take a lot of cutting out once the embossing is done but I think they are worth the effort – don't you?

Bye for now...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment