Sunday 20 May 2012

Debbees Challenge - again!


Hi....
At the start of the month I had the sheets from Debbees cds for Debs challenge – I send them to the ladies in class and a few of the ladies make cards for me to submit

http://debbeescdsblogspot.blogspot.co.uk/

I did upload and share 3 a week or so ago but didn't actually get round to doing something myself
But last night – inspiration struck!!!
And so my effort was started....and today it was finished

And I am dead chuffed with it too!!!

So for my effort I started with a sheet of 12x12 pink card – cut it down to 9x9 and then scored lines at 3” and 6” on top and side – making a sheet with 9 equal squares

the 4 corners squares were then scored diagonally and once all the score lines were folded I had the basic basket!
Holes were punched on the folds and a pretty pink organza ribbon was slotted through and tied in a big floppy bow on top.

I printed the sheet with toppers twice and cut out 4 the same size, matted a piece of backing paper then the topper onto a piece of darker pink card leaving a narrow border and stuck one on each of the basket panels


I took a large sheet of white tissue paper and laid it out on the floor – took my Cosmic Shimmer Mists and sprayed randomly – left to dry – then tore into pieces, scrunched them up and popped inside the basket

Next I cut out the decoupage sheet and built up as normal using small sticky pads – once it was done I used glossy accents on the parasols and left to dry


When dry I stuck the panel to a piece of card, used a sheet of different backing paper on another piece of card and cut both the same size.


Using the dark pink card I cut 2 pieces the same size and folded in half long ways to form poles – then attached to the back of the decoupage panel with double sided tape – then stuck the panel with paper to the other side of the poles – this made a fab way to show the decoupage – I simply slotted the poles into the basket and it stays upright!


To finish I cut out 6 tiny parasols, dabbed them into the versamark pad and covered with clear embossing powder and heated – then stuck each one to a slither of acetate and slotted that between the panels to look like they were floating!!!


My grandson Layton had left a couple of lollipops here so I popped them in the basket to show how useful the basket can be for storing all manner of things!!
I hope you like my challenge creation!!


See you next time...

x

2 comments:

  1. Now that is different. Can see it loaded with fortune cookies for a Chinese Meal. Would make a lovely centre piece.

    Thanks for taking part.

    Mandi x
    Debbees CDs DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning hun, just stunning. thanks for joining in this months challenge. Good Luck

    Stella xx
    Debbees CD's DT

    ReplyDelete