Thursday 17 May 2012

How Patrotic!


Hello again...

Something a little different for you all today....get us in the mood for this years Royal Celebrations and of course the Olympics!!!

This is a card made using the fab new Debbi Moore cd rom –
Shabby Chic LONDON


The card is actually one of the projects on the cd – I just changed a few bits and bobs!


So to make the card I used a 21cm x 21cm card blank, left the fold at the top, marked 3cm down at the left and right side then marked the centre point at the bottom of the card – I then just cut from the 3cm mark to the centre point on both sides to create the triangular card blank


I folded the top piece to create the easel base and finally cut the same shaped triangle from a sheet of white card and attached to the easel.


The top of the card was covered with blue paper with white dots both inside and outside and the base of the easel was covered with shabby chic union flag paper and at the point it was a piece with stripes and London taxis on


A scrap of blue mirri card was used for the stopper – added to this was a scrap of the blue paper and then a strip with crowns on – I mounted this panel on 2 high sticky pads so the pointed part of the card didn't slip.


A fancy shaped sentiment was cut and stuck to the base of the easel together with a couple of plain disc shapes and a couple or crown discs...these were stuck in place with PVA.


For the card front I cut out a design sheet element – it was an oval shape – so stuck it to a piece of silver mirri card and cut round leaving a narrow border – this was stuck to the centre of the card with double sided tape.


From the design sheet I cut out a Party Time sentiment and stuck it to the left of the card

A postage stamp was cut out, and attached to the point of the card with a large double side pad – I cut out 4 small union flags and stuck 2 back to back with Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue – but before sealing one edge I added a cocktail stick – this made the perfect flag!! I pushed the 2 “flags” into the large sticky pad and positioned the flags at an angle!

And finally I made some lovely matching buttons – I cut out the small union flags panels and stuck then to stiff card – punched out a circle using a Dovecraft punch, used a small single hole punch and punched 2 holes in the centre of each circle.

Next I cut around 10cms of satin ribbon in red, white and blue – layered them in the correct order and threaded through the button holes so the ends were at the top – tied into a simple knot and cut away the excess....perfect matching buttons!!! I stuck these to the card with Pinflare just so they didn't fall off!

Glossy accents was used on the postage stamp and shiny clear gems on the crown discs to finish!

How patriotic is this card?

I do hope you liked it!

X

1 comment:

  1. Great card Angie!!
    Very unusual and patriotic :) ;)
    Mx

    ReplyDelete