Tuesday 22 May 2012

To brighten your day


Evening friends
Today's card is made with sheets from a lovely new cd by Robert Addams called Roses For All Occasions
It is a lovely cd filled with beautiful artwork featuring pretty roses in all colours in vases and pots
And the added beauty is it is text editable...

For each image there are backing papers, decoupage sheet and matching insert so making a lovely card


Of all the images to chose from this vase of flowers just looked so life like – the back ground colour really showed off the pretty pink roses


So I printed the main sheet and the decoupage elements and also the insert – I decided against adding text to the insert as I thought it is so pretty it can just be written in or I can stamp a sentiment if need be.


I used a pink A5 card blank, and simply matted the main sheet direct to it with double sided tape – leaving just a narrow border all round.


After cutting out the roses I stuck in place using tiny double sided pads shaping the top layer before securing.


Before I printed this sheet I added my own sentiment – To brighten your day....


Once the card front was sorted and the simple insert put in place I was annoyed that I hadn't thought add some shine to the roses prior to finished the card – so I used a sheet of ordinary copier paper, laid it over the whole card front, drew roughly around where the roses were and cut it out making a make shift mask


I laid it over the card then sprayed the roses with Crafters Companion spray and shine...it makes it look even better – shiny roses but matt background!!


I do hope you liked this card – and I can recommend the cd rom....its lovely!


Till tomorrow .... xxx ...

No comments:

Post a Comment