Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Red & Glittery


Hi

IMPORTANT – before I start I must just point out, recently I have been saying I am using a 6x6 card blank – it didn't dawn on me until this evening most of the card blanks are actually 8x8” sorry...

Well I had yet another dreadful night last night – on the bright side I did get a few cards made so it's not all bad

I just couldn't decide which card I wanted to share with you so have decided on another of the fab stamped flower creations

I will give you a link to the website as well as item numbers for the stamps at the end of this description....


So I used a shop bought fancy edged 8x8 card blank to start with

I cut a piece of cored'inations type card stock to measure approx 7.5” x 7.5” and put it through the Grand Calibur with a lovely Prima Mask – the card was black on the top with pretty pink underneath and the core – so once it was embossed I used the Tim Holtz sander to take off the top surface to expose the pink in the embossed areas.


This was then stuck to the card using double sided tape leaving the all round border.

I used an Anita's foiled sentiment panel, inked the edges with a Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet distress ink pad, then placed large sticky pads on the back and popped on the card in the bottom right hand corner


For the flowers I used a pearl vellum, stamped using Versamark and then covered with WOW red glitter embossing powder and heated – once cool I cut out all the embossed elements.
To make my card I started by shaping the petals on all the flowers then used Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue to stick the large flowers all around the left edge and top covering the entire top left corner – then I added a smaller flower inside them...and if there were spaces I added a small flower,


Once I was happy with the layout I found a length of wide pink organza ribbon so tied a big floppy bow then whizzed over it with the heat gun for a lovely wrinkled up effect

This was stuck to the card with a clear sticky dot so the tail draped over the sentiment...


Very tiny red gems were stuck to the flower centres of the sentiment using a Sakura quickie glue pen.

That's it for the card – I hope you like it – I know its unusual – mainly because of the dark background – but I think it works pretty well really.

Now for the stamp details...

The stamps were bought from http://www.chloescreativecards.co.uk/ and the stamps I used for this and the other stamped cards were
MAR008 – Leaves - £3.99
NOV003 – Half Butterfly - £3.99
NOV004 – Large Flower - £5.99
NOV005 – Small Flower - £3.99

I also had a sentiment stamp from Chloe but cant see it on the site... If you get a minute have a look at Chloe's lovely website – there are so many stamps I really want – and will most likely get as they are all so reasonably priced and with P&P set at just £1.75 regardless of order size its well worth it!!!

See you next time.....

x

No comments:

Post a comment