Sunday 27 May 2012

Pocket Full Of Pansies


Hi

As you will have guessed, I spent the whole day out in the garden – enjoying the sun again... so now extra frazzled... I really am my own worst enemy, I feel I am burning but just sit there for another 5 mins which is really the rest of the day



But this afternoon after taking half hour to check emails etc on the computer I was so tempted by the 20% off offered by Card Making Downloads so had a little nosey and bought some lovely kits



So I set to and printed off some of them, took them back out in the garden and cut them all out...



When we decided to finish for a while I made up the kits and so here is the one I think is my favourite so far



Its called Pocket Full Of Pansies for obvious reasons really



Sadly the kit doesn't have a number or a designers mark so I cant offer more than the title, sorry



The kit has 5 sheets in all, 3 are for the card itself and the other 2 for the lovely matching envelope.



I printed all sheets onto matt photo paper 128gsm and cut the pieces out



When I came to make up I was tempted to stick to card stock but by the time the front and back where stuck together it seemed pretty firm enough, but I did stick the domed Just for You panel to pink card stock as that is the one piece that will be handled a lot



So after sticking the front and back together with Collall photo glue I scored down the 2 fold panels and then cut the slits in them – these were clearly marked,



The posies of pansies came in 3 sizes and although it looks like I gave up with the cutting out and left a white border, that it how it was on the sheet – there was a pink line to cut – in hindsight maybe I should have ignored that and just cut round the flowers – will make a mental note for next time!!!



This is so easy to make up – simply fold the flaps back on the largest posy and stick to the card, the middle size is stuck to the largest and then the smallest to middle size!



The domed panel pocket is slipped through one of the slits and secured at the back – I used double sided tape – the other side is left open so the card will go flat to be posted and also fit in the envelope – I will just need to add a how to note to the panel should I use this card!



The envelope is very straightforward – simply cut out, score on score lines, fold over and then stick the top and bottom together!



I love the idea of this card – the fact it lays flat and has its over envelope are other good points



I should have printed a verse on the middle section at the back but have plenty of lovely sentiment stamps that can be used when needed!



Hope you like this pretty card!



x

1 comment:

  1. love this card as well Angie and you can tell us how you made it really clever i would get it all wrong xx

    ReplyDelete