Saturday 28 February 2015

Blue Iris


Hi

It’s another late entry, I completely forgot until hubby asked what card had I put on my blog today, it’s a 1st because like most men he doesn’t generally take much notice!!!

Its my good friend Ann’s birthday today – Happy Birthday Ann, and I decided to make her a card that is similar to lots of others I make – just because she always comments on them and says how nice she thinks they are.

I have used the Cupcake Crafting Bloomilicious cd – so now you know where I am coming from you should know what to expect!

This is set 7 the blue and lemon flowers – I think they may be Iris but if I am wrong please correct me.

I cut the centre from the insert, removed the printed white borders then folded into half and both sides in half again for the gatefold. I used a full sheet of backing paper to cover the inside of the card then added the insert which left a border along the left and right edges. I used some fine metallic thread and secured it at top and bottom of the insert centre and used 2 pretty lemon circular sentiments back to back with the thread running through it.

For the card front I used a deckle edged blade to cut a piece of backing paper to fit, stuck this in place using double sided tape.
Then I cut out a mat from lemon adorable scorable using an X-Cut die, this was stuck to the card front slightly over to the right as I used some beautiful lemon organza ribbon, I went around the spine with it and secured in the centre, and tied a lovely double bow and this was stuck over the join using a large sticky dot.


My decoupage was carefully cut out and built up using Pinflair gel I believe, the top most pieces were shaped before putting into place.


I struggled to find a suitable sentiment, I have lots of general sentiments in a rainbow of colours thanks to the fab parcel that arrived from Dianne Jackson of Diannes Diecuts, but I couldn’t quite match up with the flow of the card so my bumped box of all manner of sentiments, mainly what have been left over from sheets and kits or printed from cds, and I came across a sheet of butterfly shaped foiled sentiments – what could be better – a butterfly to go with the flowers!!!
And it was in the right colour too, that was glued to the bottom right hand corner with Cosmic Shimmer pva glue. 3 clear ab gems were glues to the bottom corner under the butterfly

And that completed the birthday card, I enjoyed the cutting out and they always look lovely with the cut out centres.


Right then friends, that’s me finished for tonight, time to turn off the craft room lights for another day!

But as always I will be here again tomorrow, hopefully at a better time too!

Hugs
Angie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment