Saturday 21 February 2015

Daisy Daisy


Morning

Today I was determined I would make at least one card to share and I have done just that!

I decided to use the new cd by Katy Sue, Shabby Chic as I love the art work and the shabby chic look is my kind of look.

And because this is all flowery I am going to enter it to the CD Sunday Challenge Blog as the theme is still Floral Frenzy - unless it has closed but never mind


I printed off a sheet of pale blue daisy backing paper that has distressed patches, this was trimmed and stuck to my A5 palest lemon adorable scorable card using double sided tape.

The sheet I chose was assorted toppers and I cut the wide border and stuck that across the card at the bottom. The heart shaped topper was cut out and stuck at an angle at the top of the card, I cut out the 3 postage style toppers but trimmed away the edges leaving rectangles so I nipped the corners with the punch then stuck onto a scrap of cream card and cut them out to leave a border all round. One of these was stuck on the border and the other 2 one on top of the other and placed alongside the heart.

The sheet had 4 sentiment tapes so I cut out all 4 and stuck to scraps of card then cut them out and positioned them at an angle working down  the right hand side of the card – this is so out of my comfort zone and I’m not sure if it works or not.

And to finish I added a black peel off Happy to the Birthday tape and then added pva to the centre of the daisies on the toppers and border then covered with a glitter mix, it was gold with red and orange flecks but it looked pretty, or I think it does!

And that’s the card finished – quick, easy, pretty and flat to go in the post!

More tomorrow
Hugs
Angie
x

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Angie. I love all those sentiments and the vintage effect of the postcard.
    Thank you for joining in with again.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and one of my favourite flowers,just love daisies.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday this time.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Angie, love all those sentiments.
    Thanks for joining in with us again
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love daisies.....makes me think Spring is round the corner. I love your layout Angie and those daisies look so real. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just in time to join in and what a very pretty card. Love the daisies. There will be a new challenge in the morning for you to join in with!
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete