Thursday 26 February 2015

Room With A View The Flower Shop


Good morning everyone

It’s wet and yakky so a good opportunity to catch up on some swaps until I go to class this evening.

Last night I had a call from my bestie asking for help with a card she was doing, and that reminded me I had bought a kit along the same lines so had to print and make it up

The kit is by Sue Douglas and it’s called 3d room with a view The Flower Shop.

After printing out the 6 sheets I cut away the pieces that didn’t need sticking to card, which really wasn’t many pieces, as always I used Crafters Companion Stick & Stay, I have found if you do small sprays rather than one long whoosh I don’t have problems with the paper peeling away from the card – I just wish I could come up with a way of uising it and not getting it over my fingers or nails as its hard to get off even with sticky stuff removers.

All the pieces were cut out and on the side pieces are lots of slots that need to be cut away for the supports to go through so I used a scalpel with a new blade for each side, no point taking all the time to cut it out and make a mess of the sides.

I used a selection of glues on this card, double sided tape, both red and normal, in 3 different widths, Cosmic Shimmer pva and the good old Pritt stick.

As I have made up lots of these cards before I didn’t need to refer to the instructions but having browsed them while waiting for the printing I can see how some parts are confusing....then again I must have used the instructions when I made my 1st one and managed.


The card really has the WOW factor, and the doors push closed so it fits in an 8x8 envelope.

There really isn’t much more I can say about the card and making it up – other than it went together perfectly 1st time and I just love the theme of it too.
My biggest problem was what sentiment to use – there were 16 in all covering almost every occasions so I took a safe option and used Just For You and stamped a basic verse to the back, I can use this card for Birthday, Get Well, Thank You...the list is endless, and if anyone wanted to buy it they will see it for whatever occasion too.

The verse was by Flower Soft, and fitted the panel perfectly as I forgot to add a verse before I printed it and didn’t want to waste the page

And that’s your lot for today
But I have something nice just waiting to be shared tomorrow so be sure to call back
Hugs
Angie
x

3 comments:

  1. Angie this certainly has the WOW!! factor. It does look complicated to make but as you say if you've done a few it gets easier. Love it!!! Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Angie, its stunning - i definately need to learn how to make this kind of card. Luv Jax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Love these room with a view cards as they have the WOW factor.

    ReplyDelete