Saturday, 14 February 2015

Ukando Kit Challenge!


The card I am showing today is one I made a couple of days ago

Some of you will know that I have an online craft forum (Ukandocrafts) and like my blogging it had been under used of late so I set up a card challenge which was a huge success and to follow on from that one of the members Lorne set up challenge number 2, that was each member had to send out a kit to the chosen partner, the partner then had to make up a card using the kit and anything from their own stash

When the kit arrived with me I emptied everything out and instantly saw what I wanted to do – but I wanted to also change the colour over, my partner had sent a blank card and envelope that were like a green gold colour, she had added an A5 sheet of black card and lots of white die-cut pieces and some self adhesive gems in black and greys.

So to start I folded a sheet of 300gsm smooth white card into a 6x6 card. The piece of black card was cut down to fit the card front, and then punched all 4 corners using a fancy shaped punch that also cut a heart out. I used double sided tape to stick the black to the card base.

I put the largest square die cut through the big shot and using the Tied Together embossing folder, added foam tape to the back and stuck on the card, the hearts in each corner were great markers for this.

In the kit were 4 plain butterflies in decreasing sizes, so these were embossed with Swiss Dots embossing folder, I lightly rubbed Tim Holtz Black Soot distress ink pad. The largest butterfly was used to create a pocket; I used foam pads along the edges leaving the top free and stuck the butterfly on the white embossed square, shaping it so my tag would go in and out easily, the size smaller butterfly was again coloured a little with the black soot then diluted pva was lightly patted over it and the butterfly dipped into a pot of glitter and set aside to dry.

I did the same in the top right corner but this time stuck the larger butterfly to the square panel and the smaller one once dry both smaller butterflies were glued down the body and stuck in place, the wings weren’t stuck down.

There was a large die cut that had flowers and swirls so I cut this into several sections, I used the flower and some swirls, dabbed in black soot and then stuck in the top left corner.

In the centre of the square I added a small heart and the word love...
Also in the pack a heart border so I cut that into 2 pieces of 4 hearts, a 3 and a 2, gluing lightly along the top of the hearts then used them to edge the inner square.

The lacy heart was stuck to a scrap of black card, then a length of 3mm black ribbon was stuck to the black then the heart was stuck on the black again and cut out so hiding the ends of the ribbon. The heart slides into the butterfly corner.

One of the lacy butterflies was stuck to the last of the scrap black and cut out; I stuck this to the back of the card.

Onto the decoration, I used white 4mm pearls which went on the shaped corners, and some 3mm black glitter peel off gems were stuck inside the heart cut outs and 2mm were stuck on the white square where the design crossed

My partner has now received this card and her comments made me a happy bunny...I loved the challenge, loved the kit and loved the finished card too...just annoyed that I managed to get a mark on the back of the card.

Back again tomorrow with something new

No comments:

Post a Comment