Friday 13 February 2015

Floral Frenzy


Morning

Something to brighten the day for you today, it’s a dull and very cold day here so just looking at this card makes me feel warmer.

I have made this to be entered into the CD Sunday challenge Blog where the theme this time is Floral Frenzy, and this is my take on it!

I used what I think has to be in my top 5 favourite cds, Bloomilicious by Cupcake Crafting and this is from set 11

To make my card I printed out the decoupage sheet, the open centre insert and 2 sheets of backing paper, I also used an A4 sheet of white card and a sheet of black with silver foil embedded in it 

The white card was folded in half to make my A5 card. I trimmed the outer edges of the insert and then cut out the centre. I folded one of the backing papers in half and cut it, then folded one of the now A5 pieces in half again, put double sided tape on the back and stuck the pieces into the centre of the white card, I cut these in half as sometimes it causes problems with closing the card if it’s put on it one piece.

The insert was folded in half, then each half was folded again to create the pop out insert, this was stuck in place using double sided tape on the outer panels only.

I used Papermania punches to punch 2 butterflies and 2 loopy flowers. I used a length of fine silver thread and stuck the 2 butterflies back to back with the thread through the centre and the same with the loopy flower, the thread was stuck in the centre fold, a small piece of sticky tape was used to keep in place.

The front of the card was completely covered with the remaining A5 piece of backing paper. I cut out the 5 or 6 pieces of decoupage and used Pinflair gel to build them up, I shaped the top 3 layers which were the top flower, shaping gives dimension instead of everything left flat.

Last year I was at a show and someone was selling packs of dies for £7, in it were up to 8 dies in different shapes and sizes, I hadn’t even opened the 2 packs I bought but i was looking for something different to cut a mat for the card and came across the packs and in one was the perfect shape...I think this shape is lovely, most dies have mirror image of each side whereas this doesn’t!


So I used the lovely black card that has silver foil embedded randomly into it, I struggled to find a colour card that complimented the design and black seemed to be the best option. The mat was cut as was the 3 pieces of small bow.


The mat was stuck to the card with Cosmic Shimmer pva glue, the floral decoupage was then stuck to the mat again using the pva glue.

I folded the bow and added the centre section used pva to glue together and then added the “legs” and stuck the completed bow at an angle in the bottom left corner and a pale pink mottled gold foiled Best Wishes sentiment was in the bottom right corner.

To finish the card I simply added 3 glitter gems to the top left corner, a clear ab gem to the centre of the bow, each side of the butterfly and loopy flower in the centre.

And that is the card all finished. I think I am addicted to the inserts with the cut outs, they just change the card from a pretty card to a WOW card!!

Right back to the craft table – have a few things I really need to be cracking on with
So see you again tomorrow, please leave me a comment as I love reading them and knowing you like my cards is a big boost...thank you

Hugs
Angie
x

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Angie such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Angie i can almost smell these beautiful blooms, the card is fab with all it's shapes and lovely dies,
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
    sue-b CD Sunday DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful vibrant colour those flowers are Angie. They would brighten up anyone's day. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at CD Sunday Wynn DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such vibrant colourful blooms and a masterpiece of design. Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday.
    I comment on all our bloggers cards Angie unless a CD hasn't been used. We now have a fortnight between challenges so we can take more time than before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow plenty going on with this and and such vibrant colours. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday. I have answered your question on the challenge blog.

    Jenny

    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very vibrant colours with this card and a super design. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this time and hope you have noticed we are now a fortnightly challenge.
    Christine
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours really 'pop' on your card Angie and give it a Wow factor.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete