Thursday 5 February 2015

Don't Feed The Animals!!


Hello

I popped a free kit into my basket as I was buying some new kits a few days ago, the kit was a sweet gatefold card featuring a giraffe, this is the link to the kit
And remember it’s free so you can add it to your cart, checkout, download and use it as you wish

I didn’t actually use any of the kit – I printed out the cover picture twice, matted one onto brown card then on to kraft card – leaving a narrow border on both mats. I cut out the sign and giraffe from the 2nd piece and added double side pads so it raised it up, stuck these to the card.

The card is an 8x8 in white and I cut a 2nd card in half, embossed one piece using an 8x8 embossing folder and trimmed off the edges that miss the embossing pattern. I coloured the edges with Old Paper distress inks by Tim Holtz, using a blending tool and ink on my cutting mat it was easy to transfer the colour.
Once I was happy with the colour I used double sided tape to stick the embossed sheet to the card base with double sided tape.


The giraffe topper was stuck to the top left of my card and I roughly marked where my money spinner was going to be on the card and cut a small section from the topper so the coins didn’t catch.


I used 3 strips of foam tape on each of the outside edges then the same again right up to them so it didn’t sink in the nmiddle. I have a jar of old coins so used all the tiny coins, added a little blob of Pinflair gel and sandwiched the coins then set aside to dry off

Using the kraft card that was left over I cut out Happy Birthday, 2 butterflies and 6 Tattered Lace flowers, 3 in each size. I stuck the butterflies randomly below the penny slider using cosmic shimmer pva glue. I layered the large and smaller flower together and stuck on top of a pile of coins with a bright orange card candy in the centre.

The card didn’t have room for anymore of the flowers so I have popped them in the box with the dies, it will come in useful one day I’m sure...
To make up the money spinner I used 2 stacks of the coins, placed one stack through the slot of the slider, added a thick sticky pad to the centre and the 2nd stack of coins on top, I pressed down firmly to ensure the coins stayed together. Next the flower with the orange candy centre was placed on the upmost stack of coins; I tilted the card slightly to watch the coins roll around!!!

Its a cute card that is suitable for any age – boy or girl.. and remember this is a free card kit...go get yours now.
Hugs
Angie
xxx

1 comment: