Wednesday 25 February 2015

Pop Up Box for CAZ


Hello

Well the weather here today has been lovely, at one stage I was sat outside in a sun top for half an hour while my floors dried...good excuse not that I need one – for those who know me the minute the sun is out so am I...

Again today’s project isn’t a card – it’s one of the pop up boxes which is a mystery as to where it came from or even who designed it, it was another thing I found on my pc when looking for something else! You should all have a go at this, go to your Start/Windows button and click, this will open up a new window with a search box – type a word in the box then click on see more results, this brings up everything on your pc that has that word in it...sometimes when I am stuck for what to do I do that and spend a couple of hours sometimes looking at it all.


So as I said this is a pop up box which I made for a lovely lady who is a member of my online forum and also comes to our annual craft retreat – Caz...its her birthday today and I know she has received this as she replied to a message I sent her this morning.

I printed out the 3 sheets, and as I do when a sheet needs some strength I roughly cut around the pieces and used stick & stay to hold the paper to the card, then cut it out properly, a little hint here – if you have to score card, and especially card that has a printed paper stuck to it, score gently on the right side 3 or 4 times then turn the sheet over and score again a few times but a little harder this time, this should stop the card from splitting.


So now I have my main pop up box, backing paper stuck on the inside, all cut out and scored so I used strong double sided tape to hold it in place.

The 2 pieces of card that are used inside the box to hold decorations in place was also attached using strong tape.

Next I added the printed panels to the flaps of the box, I used normal double sided tape for this as these panels are for decoration not support.

There were just 2 pieces of decoration, both flowers so I stuck them to card the cut them both out. Before sticking inside the box I added a blob of pva to the centre of the flower and covered with cerise glitter. The next flower had the same treatment but with gold glitter.


While they were drying I cut out the 3 sentiment tags that were part of the kit, they had been backed onto card, I punched a hole in them all and added a dark red eyelet then slotted a length of pink and white butchers twine through the tags, I then punched a hole in the back panel, top left corner and tied the twine through it.

The glitter was dry on the flowers so I added strong tape across the bottom of each and stuck then to the supports I added earlier.

I also printed the envelope which I made up to send the card in – but had no actual postage stamps so had to use my online account and print off the address label and postage – doesn’t half spoil a pretty envelope, but it got there and the box was in tact so job done!

Happy Birthday Caz and my good friend Katie
More from me tomorrow
Hugs
Angie
x

2 comments: