Sunday 22 February 2015

Taking Shelter


Hi

I am sharing with you a card that I really did enjoy putting together. I wanted to set myself a challenge so I wrote down the following....
rich colours – use a die – fabric – big dimension
And I think I got it all in the card of the day!

The cd I used for my image was Octavia Moonfly by Polka Doodles
The gorgeous backing paper came from Pretty Pastels cd by Dreamees

My card was made up of an A4 sheet of navy blue textured card which was folded to create my A5 card blank. I used a scallop blade in the Woodware Finger Guard Paper Trimmer and cut all four sides to leave a very narrow border.


I had a scrap piece of kraft card so used a Martha Stewart deep edge border punch and punched the border along one side, then along the other side leaving a 1cm plain panel across the centre. This was then attached across the centre of my card using pva glue, I took the border right to the edge of the card at both sides.

My image appealed to me as it jumped off the page – I loved all the deep rich colours which suited the image perfectly. I printed the image 2 to a page as I thought about maybe decoupaging it but opted for the single layer in the end.


Rather than just cutting the panel into a rectangle I laid it on my desk and tried around 16 different dies to see which worked with the image. In the end I had 2 to choose from, so cut out both images and the one I used just suited the die, I used a size bigger to cut out a mat of burgundy card which almost filled the front of my card. I used a promarker in pale blue to edge the image before sticking it to the mat using double sided tape.

The matted image was now stuck to the card using foam tape, I didn’t add the foam across the centre where the punched border was as it would have created a bulge in the topper.

I wished I had tried some lace across the border before my image was in place as I think that might have gone well but I didn’t so instead I looked at ribbon which I would have been able to slip under the panel, but that didn’t work either so in the end I opted for a couple of beautiful cream lace flowers and attached one at either side of the main panel, and in the centre I stuck a pretty AB deep blue pointed gem, the colour worked with mat and image


I have just bought a set of lovely rolled rose dies by Die-namics so cut 4 large and 4 small flowers from a lovely brown shiny paper, I used a quilling tool to roll them from the outside in and added a blob of pva to hold the flower, once I had rolled the 8 I stuck them randomly in the bottom right hand corner.

The centre of the rolled roses was quite big so I knew a gem would drop to the bottom so I decided to be brave and try something new to me – I filled the centre of the roses with Cosmic Shimmer sparkle pearl pva in Holly Sparkle, and just before it set I dropped in a clear AB pointed gem.

And to finish I simply added a lovely greeny blue oval sentiment with Happy Birthday in Silver foil, this was stuck in the top left corner. These sentiments are in pretty pastel shades and cover birthday, best wishes, congratulations etc and at just £1 a pack from Poundland they are excellent value and worth having in.

I do hope you like this card, it’s not often I make a card that I don’t decoupage, but after this one I can see me doing it more often, plus I need to start using my dies as I tend to forget about them.

Ok I will be back again tomorrow with another card
Stay warm
Hugs
Angie
x

1 comment:

  1. love the image like you said the coloour is great will look for cd online as like it so much x

    ReplyDelete