Sunday, 1 April 2012
Good evening to you all
Today I am sharing a Squash book that I did as a class project a few weeks ago – I took the instructions from the new Debbi Moore Haberdashery cd rom...
I thought rather than work out the step by step I would just copy and paste the instructions from the project – which by the way also features in the new Stamping Inspirations magazine by Debbi Moore – I cannot recommend the cd and the magazine highly enough!!!
The piccies of the finished project are what I actually made up myself..I inked all the seams with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads before I started to add the papers – which for the record I printed onto ordinary copier paper using the basic text and plain paper settings....
See you next time....
Squash Book©Debbi Moore Haberdashery CD ROM 2012
3 Square White Card 21cm x 21cm
Backing Papers from CD
Toppers from CD
Flower from CD
Glue or double sided tape
Quickie Glue Pen
1. Take one piece of card and measure across the top to 10.5cm and put a mark. Score
down the card at this point. Measure down the side to 10.5cm and put a mark.
Score across the card. You should have 4 even squares. Make all the folds mountain
folds and reinforce with your bone folder.
2. Score from the top right hand corner down to the bottom left hand corner. Make
this fold a valley fold, reinforce. Your card should push into shape and make a
3. Repeat to the other two pieces of card.
4. Lay all three pieces on work surface with the diagonal score line at the top all the
same way in a row. Turn the middle card over so that the folds are the opposite way
to the other two. Attach your cards together by overlapping the sides and secure
with double sided tape to create one long card. The card should fold up into one
5. Print off your backing papers, toppers and flower sheets from the cd. Cut the
backing paper to fit the sections. Use distress inks and blending blocks to distress
6. Cut your toppers and add to the main sections of the card. Blend ink around the
edges as before.
7. Close your book and blend distress ink around the front and back.
8. Cut a length of ribbon and secure to the front section. Wrap it around the back and
tie at the top to keep your book closed. Cut a piece of mirror card to fit both the
front and back sections. Cut backing paper to matt onto the front leaving a gap
around the edges.
9. Cut out and make up a flower embellishment and attach to the front to finish.