Tuesday 17 April 2012

Basket


Good Evening

Well it was the first class for 2 weeks and it was thoroughly enjoyable too,...

I was concerned by the project I had put together but it went down great guns...I honestly thought it was pretty dull and not of use but how wrong can I be!!!

I got the idea from a newsletter sent out by Little Claires – and it really is simple to make




I used a 12x12 sheet of white card – it was scored at 4” and 8” then rotated and scored again creating 9 boxes all measuring 4x4”

The 4 outer corner squares were also scored from outer corner to the inner corner of that square only!

A single hole punch was used to punch a hole for the ribbons on those score lines

Then simply push it all together!!!

Slot the ribbon through the holes and tie at the top.



Next I used a sheet of lilac card – cut out 4 squares just under 4” and these went onto the basket around the outside.

Using white card 4 squares were cut at approx 3.5”, then put inside an embossing folder and put through the cuttle bug

Once all the white panels were embossed I used a small foam pad to colour using Tim Holtz Dusty Concord around the outside and Victorian Velvet in the centre – these were then matted onto the lilac panels!

Using the remaining white card I stamped 4 large and 4 small butterflies with plum memento ink pad – cut out the butterflies then highlighted with a quickie glue pen and sprinkled with deep purple glitter



I stuck 1 of each to each matted panel using Cosmic Shimmer PVV just along the body so the wings were free!

Using the remnants of the lilac card I punched 4 x 2” circles and stuck a circular sentiment on each disc...I used a narrow length of lilac card folded and then glued a lilac disc to the top back and front...



As I spotted a pretty leafy rubber stamp I used that to decorate the folded strips...

The last thing I did was tear up a large sheet of white tissue paper, rolled it up and popped into the basket – stood the sentiment strips in 2 and then filled it with craft goodies...

The piccies here just show the basket as empty so will get a pic of it full as it really looked impressive!

I will just add I changed the ribbon to purple and took these piccies before the tissue paper was added

See you again tomorrow

x

No comments:

Post a Comment