Friday 6 April 2012

Owl Card 4


Well its been bitterly cold here in Hull today!

We were at a local garden centre with the birds – it was a successful day – but a catalogue of disasters really – but we bypassed them and made the most of what we had!

Shame we had to spend the day outside though – I have jeans and sweater lined up to wear, looked at my weather icon on my desktop and it showed a big yellow sun and around normal temp so stupidly put on cropped trousers, sandals and a light weight sweater over a t-shirt – boy was I cold – and of course it rained for the last 3 hours we were there so we were all like drowned rats....

So here we go again with more owl related cards, this in another from the batch I made up to sell at today's event – sadly there was absolutely no interest in the cards!!!


So I folded a sheet of brown A4 card in half for my A5 card blank, I covered the left side with patterned paper from the Woodland Folk collection, leaving a narrow border at the top, bottom and left side.


I used an off cut of matt gold card, punched the right edge with the Martha Stewart branch punch then stuck to the right side of the card.


I had saved the smallest off cuts of backing papers when making these owl cards so used a dark brown piece which already had one edge cut with a fancy edge trimmer – I positioned this over the seam of the paper and mirri card.


I cut the fancy label shape in white and a size bigger in very dark green, I stamped the owl from IndigoBlu to the centre of the white label then inked all over it using a piece of sponge and a couple of Tim Holtz distress ink pads in 3 different shades of green


This label was stuck to the bigger label and then to the card using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue...I left a larger space at the bottom of the card so a circular sentiment could be added – again this was inked but with a vintage pad!

Finishing touch was a pretty bow I made using brown spotty ribbon that I had bought from http://www.meiflower.co.uk/ as it was a too good to miss offer

And that concludes this card!!

Till the next one then....

No comments:

Post a Comment