Monday 2 April 2012

Monochrome with a hint....


Good evening

Well its hard to believe that this time last week we had spent a day basking in the sun....today it's freezing cold!!!

A good reason to spend time in the craft room I think....

Mind you with this yakky cold I'm really not in the mood for card making but funnily enough I am still working on the cross stitch I started last week, with luck it will be finished before the weekend which is great news as I have just ordered a new chart, material, threads and frame and I don't really want to leave this to start another especially being so close to finish!!!

For today's card its another stamped effort and I love it...well apart from the silly mistakes I made after completing the card and now I cant do anything about them!!

I folded my A4 sheet of white card into a landscape (tent fold) A5 card blank and put to one side for now...


I took a piece of smooth white card, and a piece of plain copier paper – I tore the copier paper and laid it over the smooth card exposing a small section – then using a piece of Cut & Dry foam and Ranger Big & Juicy Ink Pad in Foliage I rubbed colour over the white card – then tore more – exposed the next piece and coloured with another colour – I did this 4 or 5 times to create the pretty coloured background.


Then I inked up the stamp – this one is from http://www.inkylicious.co.uk/ and is called The Prairie, using black Memento ink and stamped over the coloured background.

I then matted the image onto black mirri card leaving a broad but even border all around. This was then placed towards the left side leaving a good border all around it!


I used a pretty clover corner stamp from http://www.dimensionstamps.com/ to stamp across the top left and bottom right corners around the matted image. I used a black memento ink pad for this.

As the left of the card was now blank, I cut a slit at the top and bottom just wide enough to thread my black organza ribbon into – taped the ends at the back of the card then tidied a small bow and attached to the centre of the ribbon.


A sentiment was stamped onto a scap of white card and matted onto a scrap of the black mirri card and positioned across the bottom of the ribbon.


I used 4 daisies in different sizes for the top right corner – as they were in colours I didn't want I simply coloured them all with a black promarker then fixed to the card and covered the workings at the back of the card with clear tape.


To finish this card I highlighted sections of the stamped image with a quickie glue pen and sprinkled with glamour dust! 3 small matt gold flat back gems were added to top left and bottom right corners.

I love the card – just a shame I was careless with wet glue....

See you tomorrow,..... x

1 comment:

  1. Love this background Angie. What a great idea using the cut and dry foam and torn paper. I'm not a stamper so I'm not much good with doing demos with my crafters but I think I'll give this a go. We've got some cut and dry foam but sadly my ladies never use it. They will now lol Love your blog by the way always inspirational. Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete