Friday 13 April 2012

Wednesday then Home...


Hello – have you missed me? I know I have missed doing the blog but thoroughly enjoyed what I was doing instead of it!

So I left things with you after sharing events of Tuesday didn't I? So what did we get up to on Wednesday....

Well thankfully we didn't start the day with a full English...even though I thoroughly enjoyed it on Tuesday morning

We took our time getting ready and went off to visit some of the craft shops that were in the area – we went to one that I had heard a lot about from Jae & Dor – talk about expensive...I could understand it if it was things that you don't generally see around but no this was all bog standard stuff but highly inflated prices so we looked and left without buying a thing!

We travelled over to Brownhills but after driving up and down the road several times it seems the craft shop had gone sadly – same as so many these days!!

So we went to another that Jae said she hadn't planned on us visiting – Gadsby's I think it was called – well it was certainly a big place – well stocked too – and lots of reduced stuff to tempt us – not that we need much tempting I'm sure you know that feeling yourself though!

The best bargain of the week had to be a Papermania Craft Satchel in black and baby pink inside – so big and roomy -we thought there had to be a mistake when we saw the price so decided we just HAD to have one each...and when we mentioned there were a few marks on the pink interior we were offered a further reduction – so looking on Amazon with postage these are around £30 – we paid – wait for it - £9...so tell me that wasn't a bargain!!!

Also bought stamps, card stock, gems, paper, scrapbook stuff and some mega punches again great bargains, down from £12.99 to £4.50....

Wednesday evening Jae & I went over to Dor's for a crafty evening – meet Dor's hubby Shelly who was a great laugh and also a long time friend of Dor's Chris....it really is amazing how they all just accepted me as though we had all known each other for always....

I must just add that they are all tapped...when they are all together its crazy! Great fun though – laugh a minute no probs!!!

Thursday was a sad day knowing I was coming home....after getting up, showered and dressed I packed my bags all ready

Jae did a mega monster brekkie – you really had to see what was on that plate to appreciate the word MEGA!

Then she asked did I fancy a trip out to Hooties – well I have been there with my hubby Pete in the past and loved it so yep we went!

We were like kids in a sweetie shop – Jae's daughter Charlotte pushed the trolley while Jae & I filled it....

Now when I went on my trip I had a weekend bag, a cloth bag and a hand bag – when I packed this morning I had those 3 bags plus around 4 or 5 heavy duty carry bags – so I did what had to be done, bought a huge suitcase!!! Madness isn't it? Also got myself new earphones, a watch, craft goodies, and lots of pressies for Layton too!

Once back at Jae's time was running out – but between us we repacked and ended up with an over stuffed suitcase on wheels, the craft satchel was bursting at the seams and then the weekend bag had my handbag and odd things that would fit else where!! I just could NOT believe how much more I was returning home with...

The weather was dreadful as 2pm came – Dor was coming to see me before I left for my coach but instead we went to visit her so she gave me a beautiful card and stunning bracelet – I will get photographs for you tomorrow as you do need to see them both!
Then it was time to go – my coach was due at 2.45 but I was told to allow 10 minutes either way so we arrived there at 2.30pm – I have to say it was a very very tearful time, I cried having to say bye to my new family...I had a big hug and invitation from Stu to come back again soon...the same from Dor – Charlotte & Joe said bye....but it was so hard leaving Jae – good job nobody was sat by me on the coach as I was blubbering for quite a while...

Once on the coach back home Pete was texting to say he couldn't wait for me to get home as he had missed me – we all knew that as he rang me lots over my stay...which was lovely! I finally got off the coach in Hull Station at 8.55pm – very stiff and achy for all those hours of sitting! Pete was so happy to see me I was smothered in kisses and cuddles which was lovely....

Off then to collect Layton from his mummy – he is staying over as Vicky had her surgery today so I need her to get some rest – after a quick catch up it was home for us

Pete brought my case and bags in the went off to walk the dogs – I came upstairs and got Layton's bed made up, then popped a bag in the craft – what should I find? A huge bunch of gorgeous flowers – roses and carnations!! What a welcome home...

So there you have it folks – my wonderful 4 day break in the Midland with my lovely new fantastic family!!!

Jae & Stu – thank you so much for all you did for me...love you loads!!!

Catch you all tomorrow – and maybe it will be a card this time...

x

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you have had a really wonderful time Angie. Also that you have been missed well and truly at home. A perfect few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Angie what a fab time you've had.....and a well deserved break too. Sounds like a real girlie time and crafty time too. Enjoyed reading your blog. Glad you had fun Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete