Friday 13 April 2012

Mouse Easel


Hi there

Well I am almost back to normal after my fab break in the Midlands....

And so is the blog!!!

I still haven't any newly made cards to share but thank goodness I had some stock piled so can share those until I do get my act together!

Today's card is taken from a Debbees CD but I cannot recall the name of it – must be cos I went blond – I'm picking up the traits too – lol – sorry that was naughty!


I used a sheet of white card, folded it in half and then one side in half again to form my easel – I trimmed away about 3cms from the left and right edge leaving the centre in tact. Using the corner chomper I rounded all the corners


As I had printed a couple of backing papers I decided to cover the small easel with the mouse design paper and the main base with the heart paper.


Next I cut the decoupage base layer using a nestability and the next size up for the mirri board mat then built up the decoupage using sticky pads and fixed this all to the small easel.


Using my favorite EK Success border punch I punched 2 panels to fit on the base – one along the left and right edge – but I fixed a length of coloured metallic ribbon to them both before fixing in place with foam tape.


I punched out 2 sentiments from a sheet of Little Claires round sentiments and added one to each of the borders,

I cut out lots of hearts in a range of sizes and added 3 to the main image and the rest were used as the stopper for my easel...

To finish I used glossy accents on the heart the mouse is holding as well as his ears, eyes, nose and hair...

Another great card for any age I think....

See you tomorrow folks....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment