Thursday 26 April 2012

Just for you...


Can't believe it's Thursday again already!!

Where are the weeks going? Its 2 weeks since I arrived back home from my stay with Jae...before we know it kids will be breaking off for summer holidays then it will be Christmas!!!

So lets get back to today's card....

I have several new cards now but decided to share this one....

I joined a group on facebook called Jammi Pandas – it is run by Fee J who crafters will know of as she has a huge catalogue of crafting cds...

Well I spotted that she hosts a card challenge – she provides a selection of sheets and gives instructions on what can and cant be done.

This time it was 3 different backing papers, an insert and a sheet that had 2 toppers and another paper – the instructions were you can make a card of any size and any style but you cannot use any other printed sheets and you must include a button somewhere on the card

After printing out all the papers I was stuck...although they look great there really wasn't a great deal to be done with them....so I thought!

I cut out the heart and the tag and laid them onto various different styles of card blank and eventually I found what I wanted


The card blank was a Craftwork Cards Elegant Easel


I used the paper from the topper sheet to cover the shape of the easel and a bright horizontal stripped paper to cover the base of the easel which I punched the corners using a Martha Stewart Bubble Bath corner punch – I then punched a couple of deckle edged squares of cerise mirri board, cut them into 2 corner to corner, these were then stuck under the decorative corners and the whole sheet then stuck in place.


I matted both the heart and the tag onto cerise mirri board and cut out leaving a narrow border.


After punching a hole through the tag, I used a pink heart shaped brad and then some cerise pink ribbon with white dots was used. The tag was then stuck to the panel at an angle, 3 shiny cerise card candy were placed across the bottom of the panel and down the left side I added 3 pink buttons to which I had slotted a piece of very narrow white organza ribbon


I used the heart as the easel stopper – so it was raised with large double sided sticky pads and positioned to the easel wasn't top heavy.


I then added pointed clear AB gems to the large holes punched out the corners and a deep pink gem in the centre hole.


3 large heart shaped gems were stuck on the heart itself and I finished by adding glossy accents at various places around the card


Personally I was happy with the finished card...I've sent it off for the competition and I know its not good enough to win but I'm so pleased I took the time to actually take part in it!!!

See you all tomorrow
x

No comments:

Post a Comment