Sunday, 22 April 2012


Hello friends....

Well can you believe it – I have actually MADE a card or two today!

I decided I was going to have a play with some of the things I have bought and not got around to trying out – and I really enjoyed it!

My friend Ann said in a text to me “You are one of those clever people who experiment and great things turn up” its a great statement but oh so far from the truth!

I am not a clever person – like all crafters I ended up with a bin of “waste” as what was in my head didn't always go to plan in practice

But anyway – here is one of my makes!!!

I used a Craft Work Cards Elegant Square Easel Card – I had planned on embossing the card using an M-Bossibilties folder but had a dim hour and just couldn't get it done – so changed my mind and instead I laid on of my masks over the card and put it through the cuttlebug to get a light embossed pattern.

I used a Brilliance Archival ink pad in Twilight to skim along the embossed area to give a shabby shades of pinks through to purple!

I had bought some cheap stamps last week at the demo day – they were only £4.99 and had lots of roses in bunches – but also some flourishes so I stamped a single flourish onto a piece of white card again using the Brilliance pad, then matted it on a piece of pink card, then lilac and then deep purple card. I used sticky pads to attach this to the easel cut out of my card.

Next I used the flourish with Versamark and stamped randomly all over a spare piece of white card, then sprinkled with Snowflake embossing powder, tapped off the excess and heated it – it left a lovely white and silver glittery effect.
I rubbed the Brilliance ink pad over this so the ink filled the non embossed areas then stuck it to the base of my card leaving a narrow border all round.

A shaped corner punch was used on all the corners

I had a small piece of the white embossed card so cut it small enough to act as my stopper – I matted it onto pink then lilac then purple card and attached with large sticky pads.

I stamped Just For You onto a scrap of white then rubbed a Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet Distress Ink pad over it – attached it to a scrap of deep purple card and positioned at an angle on the stopper.

Dark purple metallic pearls were added to both edges of the base, then 1 in opposite corners of the sentiment panel and 3 on the main stamped panel.

I coloured 2 white paper flowers with a promarker so they matched the card and placed a smaller flower in pink in the centre – then pierced a hole right through them and the card and pushed a metallic flower shaped brad to hold in place.

Lastly I created a small bow using some tied dyed ribbon we had bought when we visited the Glitter Girls shop – it went from orange through to pink, lilac, purple so was perfect! This was fixed to the right hand side of the easel

I hope you like this card – as I said it was a chance to play – I haven't really done much with the masks before and certainly haven't tried the Brilliance ink pads...but I will do now!!!

See you next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment