Thursday 19 April 2012

Cross Stitch


Hello everyone....

Today I am sharing some of the cross stitch designs I made years ago....

I got into cross stitch around 1991 when I saw someone doing it and she offered to let me have a go...that was it – I was hooked!

I didn't have spare cash at that time so bought a cross stitch magazine that came with a free kit – it was a house with 123 ABC on it – I completed it and couldn't wait to do more!!

There was a pen pal section as well as a wanted section in the mag – so cheekily I wrote and asked if anyone had any odd bits that would be willing to let me have like the kits off magazines....I was truly inundated with stuff – I formed long term friendships with a couple of ladies too.... and that was how it all started!

I soon got bored with little pieces so one day I bought a chart for a huge piece – I had been sent so many DMC threads that I only needed to buy a handful and the material to get started – that first big piece was this one....


It took me just 6 weeks to complete!

I went on to do more in the range – and then advertised in the magazine that I would be willing to complete kits for people – I think I did around 20 projects for people which instead of getting paid to do – I had threads, materials, kits, frames etc bought and sent to me....it was a great way of doing things...


Once I had a big collection I went back to sewing for myself and loved it – until I got into the card making – my cross stitch was put away!


After around 4 years of remaining untouched I decided to sell it all....


What a mistake that was....I do that kind of thing far too often and just regret it!


I really fancied sewing one day and had nothing – so hubby went out and bought me a beautiful kit which cost almost £50...I started and soon tired of it....this time I parcelled it all up and put away safely for another day!


I decided I wanted to continue doing my cards but needed something to keep me occupied in the evenings – when I saw a few small floral kits at a bargain price I bought them and restarted the sewing,...


The poppies was soon finished and I posted it here a week or so ago....


I am now working on a huge and complicated piece which I will be lucky to complete this year – but I am in no rush for it....I just want to do it in my own time and enjoy it!


I hope you like these cross stitch pictures as much as I do!


See you tomorrow folks

x

No comments:

Post a Comment