Thursday 5 April 2012

Floral Top Slot


Hiya

I am sharing a card that is similar to some I have shared in the past – it is supposed to be a top slot kit but since my friend Jae changed how she made one I have followed her example!

So I will start by apologising as I cannot find the kit so don’t know what its called – I know it was from craftsuprint though...

I used 2 sheets of A4 Aqua coloured card, scored them both on line 3 using the eazi score board, cut on off on the score line and folded the other over, tucked the shorted piece in the folded and taped together to form the large card blank.


Next I took a sheet of silver holographic card, punched one of the short sides, measured it against the card and then cut and punched the opposite side, I stuck this to the card front with Cosmic Shimmer pva glue.


Next I used a sheet of backing paper that was similar to the main design, again I punched a border along the short edge, measured against the silver, cut off the excess and punched the border – this was stuck on with the same glue.


I cut out the elements for the card then rounded the corners of the main base and stuck it to the backing paper...then built the decoupage on the oval design as well as the long panel at the top...


The insert was printed in the middle of the sheet and a plain sheet was also used – I did the same as I had with the A4 card – scored on line 3, cut off one panel and folded the other, slotted one into the other and stuck it down...and fixed inside the card.



The envelope was a cheat really – I bought a pack of white A4 envelopes with top opening from Asda – 99p for 25, I placed the card on the envelope, tucking it under the flap, then at the bottom of the card I cut off leaving about 2cms, I scored that, rounded the corners and then stuck using double sided tape – you really would never know it wasn't actually bought for this card!!!



And as I had the gift tag which was on one of the sheets left over, I added it to the back of the card!


Hope you dont feel cheated with this being so similar to others I have done recently!

See you tomorrow

x

1 comment:

  1. Well I like it anyway
    If you had a backing paper like the background on the card you could print it on the envelope

    ReplyDelete