Saturday 31 March 2012

Stamped Examples


Oh dear – where has the sunshine gone?

I know they have been saying come the weekend its all change but I really did hope they had it wrong as normal!

But no – its been dull and overcast most of the day but then around 5ish the sun did come out enough for us to have to close the curtains in order to see the tv....

On the bright side my new order of rubber stamps arrived this morning as well as a couple of new embossing folders – so had the sun been out I would have HAD to spend the day sat in the garden – as it wasn't sunny I got the chance to play with my new purchases and WOW was I pleased with them!!!

So to follow on with that I am sharing some of the stamped atc's, tags and cards I have managed to make over the past few days....sorry if its a tad boring for you....

This 1st one is a stamp from Little Claire Designs, it was in a big pack of stamps called Floral Wishes...


I stamped it onto an atc sized piece of mount card using a versamark ink pad then heat embossed using white detail embossing powder, I then coloured the flowers, stems and ribbon using the new Limited Edition Spring 2012 Promarkers. Once I had the colouring done I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink Pad by Tim Holtz to colour the background using a square of Cut & Dry foam and circular movements....the last thing was to run my Versamark Embossing pen along the edges roughly then sprinkled on baby blue metal magic by Debbi Moore and heated to give the fab border!!!

The 2nd atc was stamped using a stamp from Heartfelt Creations which I found in with all my stamps while re-organising my room a week or so ago...


I did this atc the same as the one above but used lilac cosmic shimmer embossing powder on the main stamped image and coloured it in using a selection of Promarkers then coloured the background with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink Pad and again edged the atc but used lilac metal magic for the border

The 3rd atc was something different – I tore up plain copier paper and laid in it sections across the act – then coloured the area with my Tim Holtz distress ink pads, I punched a small circle from a post it and stuck that in the top corner and inked around it.


Once the whole atc was coloured I inked the PRARIE rubber stamp from Inkylicious and stamped over the background using a black memento ink pad – to finish I highlighted parts of the design with a Sakura quickie glue pen then sprinkled with glamour dust!!

The tag was something I made a few days ago and loved it...I used a bought tag from Inkylicious, coloured it with cut & dry foam and distress ink pads until it was all covered – some areas were dark whereas others looked more like I had missed them....I used the shades of browns for the aged look!


Once I was happy with that I used a text stamp from a set I bought by My Paper World using Walnut Stain ink pad, I stamped at an angle rather than straight!

Using stamps from IndigoBlu I stamped a narrow tape measure down the left side and then a deeper tape measure from a set of Kanban stamps across the bottom of the tag.

Next I stamped the bodice and sentiment on to scrap white card, I cut the sentiment out in a wavy fashion and stuck to the centre of my tag using a large sticky pad. I lightly coloured the bodice, cut it out and then rubbed the versamark pad over it and sprinkled with holographic clear embossing powder then heated it. Once it had cooled I attached to the tag using sticky pads.

The last of the stamping was the main image of the young lady, I stamped it direct to the tag first then to scrap card – I cut out the lady and stuck onto the whole stamped image with sticky pads.... I actually then finished the tag off but adding an eyelet to the hole and then slotted brown spotted ribbon and co-ordinating mixed fibres to finish.

And the last card – this was my very first ever attempt at the coloured backgrounds – I have a roller ball brayer and lots of big & juicy ink pads but have never had any joy from them...so this card was again done using scraps of torn paper which I laid over my card and inked away with distress ink pads, changing colours from cream to green to sand to lighter sand to blue – and again I used a punched circle for the light...


Once the coloured background was completed I stamped the bull rushes by Inkylicious to the left near the bottom and then stamped some birds along the top...

Then I noticed somehow I had a few lines from the ink pad at the bottom of the card – I just didnt know what to do other than throw the card – then spotted the flower border on a set of stamps from My Paper World so using Rhubarb Memento ink to stamp and it worked great, I re-stamped without re-inking and it went great! Or at least I thought it did!

As I have said all this week, I really am new to the world of rubber stamping – but I love it – and I know I will continue to play, try new techniques etc. and of course share the end results with you all!

I did make a fab card later this afternoon which I was going to share tonight but when I tool the piccies off the camera they were dreadful so went with this collection and will take new piccies and share then another time....

Take acre and thanks for looking – would love to hear what you think of my efforts so far please.....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment