Saturday 10 March 2012

Hedgehog Baby


Hello

This is a card I am making for a friend – I think! I was asked to do something for a new baby and she wanted it to have something to do with hedgehogs – so far I haven't added the finishing touches – and that could be because I am still so unsure as to if I like this or not!!! So I really would appreciate all your comments – good and bad please!

I used a Craftwork Cards scallop edge square card and covered it with an odd piece of pretty pink paper with blue butterflies printed on it! I left a narrow border all around the card.


I cut the base layer and punched the corners with a pretty corner punch – I like this punch as it takes off the tiniest amount so works on every design not matter how tight it may be for space!

Next I ran around the layer with a light purple Pro Marker and allowed the ink to bleed into the edges as it gives a pretty finish....


This was then matted onto lilac card, then pink card and finally onto purple card – each layer left a narrow even border and all corners have been punched before sticking down.

I had a length of It's A Girls white with pink grosgrain ribbon in my ribbon box – it was the perfect size for the spine of my card – I threaded it through a lovely pearl ribbon slider before attaching the ribbon to my card....


The last thing was to build up this very simple decoupage – it was easy to cut out so ideal even for a beginner to do!

And that's as far as I have gone so far....I have a lovely space left to add some kind of sentiment or embellishment when I am ready...

I am sure when I decorate the card it will be with glossy accents as well as glitter and possibly cosmic shimmer coloured PVA glue or Card Candy....I will decide when I go to finish the card completely!!

Sorry I forgot to mention when I started the card – I had this sheet from a photobucket account on the internet – I went to google search and typed in free baby hedgehog decoupage sheet – it came up with lots and lots but this took my fancy! I have no idea who made the sheet sorry...

Hope you liked this part finished card – and don't forget – let me know how it should be finished off!!!

Angie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment