Saturday 24 March 2012

Tulips...


Good evening to you all

Before I start with the card – a little reminder

DONT FORGET YOUR CLOCKS GO FORWARD TONIGHT!!!!

And that means – summer is on the way....lets hope its a good one!

So to the card....

I made and sent to this my friend ANN as I thought she would appreciate the work that went onto making it

The card was actually designed by another friend KATIE so thank you....


The sheets used were taken from Cupcake Crafting cds – Floral Delights... you will find the cd here... http://www.cupckaecrafting.co.uk/

So I used a plain white A5 card blank and using a piece of cut n dry I inked the edges of the card using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads – Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed – this gave me a lovely warm looking edge to the card.


Next I used a sheet of contrasting backing paper which was taken into My Craft Studio and faded out quite a lot – I used the Martha Stewart Bubble Bath border punch to create the outer edges – this was then stuck to the card front using double sided tape.

I took my time when cutting out the pretty tulip decoupage – it was quite challenging at times but well worth the efforts when it was done....


I used collall photo glue to attach this to the card as there were so many narrow pieces and I was concerned the DST may show in places.
I stamped a short verse onto a piece of white card and coloured it with the same distress ink pads – this was then glued just below the decoupage....

To finish the front of the card I simply used my bow maker to create a lovely bow using orange ribbon with white spots on – this was stuck in the top left corner with a peel off EASTER sentiment below it..


Inside the card I had the backing printed along the fold so it was just a case of the pop out insert to do

I used a craft knife to cut out the centre – it meant cutting carefully around the flowers which gave a shaped aperture!


The insert was then folded in half and the sides gate-folded too....

I added DST to the right hand panel and after folding the insert and positioning the left side correctly – I simply closed the back of the card over – making the taped side of the insert stick in the right position! I flipped the card and removed the backing tape on the left side, then closed the card front – hey presto – the insert was perfect!


This really is a pretty card – I know I did this one for Easter but I have also now got one very similar with a Birthday insert....

Hope you enjoyed the project – I know Ann loved the card....

And again – don't forget those clocks!!!

See you tomorrow then...

x

2 comments: