Thursday 1 March 2012

Christmas Candle


Good evening everyone!

Today we will go through a Christmas Card....its a teabag design and to be honest in class last week the ladies had their choice of 4 different teabag designs – everyone seems to go for anything purple and most avoid anything to do with Christmas...

But I enjoyed making this one up and so did my friend who also opted for this design but changed the layout to suit herself.

So the sheet was from http://www.craftuprint.com/ and was designed by Dawn Hill, the sheet number should you wish to purchase it is 246390_351

The sheet comes with the base image, a little 3d decoupage and 8 teabag tiles.

I printed direct to my 128gsm matt photo paper which worked well with the image and the teabag folding.


I used an A4 sheet of white card, added a piece of green Christmas themed paper to the bottom 2/3rds of the card then glued the base image to the upper part of the card.


Added the 2 pieces of decoupage and then started the basic fold of the tiles. Once all 8 were folded I made my medallion and popped a pretty pearl brad through the centre. I used a strong glue to attach the medallion to the upper corner of the card.


As I was left with a big space at the bottom of the card I used a lovely Christmas sentiment it was in rich red with gold text and I believe its from HunkyDory


To decorate the card I added a few tiny red gems as berries on the holly and used glossy accents on the candle and just a small sprinkling of glitter around the card.

Three slightly bigger coloured pearls were stuck to the top left corner to finish
Not the most exciting card but I was pleased with it and its 1 less to do at Christmas.

Thank you for popping by again...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment