Thursday, 1 November 2012

Cup of Char???

Hello my friends

I'm back!!!

This is a fab card that was made using a sheet from A Year In Cards by Ella Designs – check out the website for her other great cds too

This is the birthday card from MARCH which can also be made as a Mothers Day card

The cds are so easy to use and the artwork is super....

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

A4 black card stcok

Decoupage sheet

Clear AB gems

Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine



Shaping tool from

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I folded the black using line 7 of the eazi score board then flipped it round and scored again on the same line to get my 6x6 card blank.

I had printed the instructions and template for this card from the cd so basically what I had to do was draw a line from top left to bottom right and another top right down to bottom left – then cut away the top triangle to leave me with the envelope type front.

After cutting the decoupage pieces from the sheet I stuck the largest triangle with double sided tape to the bottom right followed by the smaller to the top left – these covered the front of the envelope card.

I then attached the printed sentiment panel to the inside of the card – this is my insert – again I used double sided tape.

Back to the card front now – I attached the band of green chequered paper across the centre of the envelope front then cut the lovely scalloped circle that was already pre printed – this was positioned in the centre – and for once I remembered not to add any adhesive to the top of the circle as it wasn't attached to anything!!!

There was a lovely little tab to fold and lay over the card so I decided to add it to the top right of the card which then showed the design on the back too!

On to the decorating of the card – I used lovely clear AB gems – I added one to each scallop and then a handful to the teapot.

Glamour dust was used to highlight the cakes and glossy accents were added to the sugar cubes, the teapot lid and the strawberries on the tag!

Well I think this is a really pretty card that could be used for many occasions – it was lovely to make and because it prints over 2 pages I actually had enough elements left to make a 2nd pretty card which was so different to this one...keep you eye on the blog as it is bound to turn up soon!!!

Until the next card then....


No comments:

Post a Comment