Thursday 15 November 2012

Welcome Baby Freddy


Hello

Last Sunday morning my good friend Katie became a nana again to a lovely baby boy called Freddy who weighed in at 8lb 13oz at around 3.50am

So I felt I really needed to make a card for Katie & Ray and this is what I made!

The sheet is from www.craftsuprint.com but as usual I cant find the sheet to tell you who designed it or the item number...

But here is the card....

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

8x8 fancy edge card blank

Decoupage sheet

Baby themed ribbon

Button backing paper

Tonic border punch

Scraps of blue and silver mirri card

Yellow and blue glitter card

Card candy

Glossy Accents

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat


To make the card ...

The card blank was folded and the button backing paper trimmed to fit the card then attached using double sided tape

I cut the main image out then matted on yellow then blue glitter card leaving a border with each layer

I used the fancy border punch on the scrap of silver mirri card and then matted that onto a scrap of blue mirri card

They were then stuck to the left side of the card leaving an even amount at the top and bottom of the panel, it was stuck with double sided tape.

Next I added double sided tape to the back of the blue glitter card and this panel was then stuck so it over lapped most of the punched silver mirri and secured in place.

The decoupage was then cut out and added to the image with tiny sticky pads and the heart shaped sentiment was stuck so it over lapped the image slightly.

To decorate the card I started by adding 2 blue glittered studs to the panel under the crib, then clear AB gems were stuck on each corner of the blue backing of the image and white pearl card candy was added to the scallop corner panels

I tried a bow using a lovely baby blue ribbon that was printed with pictures as well as text of tiny hands and tiny feet and this was attached to the top right hand corner

I used a quickie glue pen and blue glitter to cover the heart of the crib and then glossy accents on the heart sentiment and teddies pads and face

A beautiful verse was added to the sentiment to finish

Katie loved the card and I am sure the verse brought a tear to her eye!!!

I saw baby Freddy today and he is beautiful – so tiny – and he was made for the traditional Silver Cross pram Katie has kept – so if you live in or around the Hull area and see a lady walking proud pushing a lovely silver cross pram go up and say hello to Katie!!!!

See you next time....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment