Sunday, 4 November 2012

Reindeer Pull


I recently bought a set of kits from they were all christmas themed and ideal for any age group

The kit contains the card front, 2 pieces for the insert, the decoupage or pyramage sheet, 2 sheets to create a matching envelope and even 2 sheets to make a matching box – as I said I had a set of 10 kits and paid just £5
now that's the REAL DEAL lol

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

A4 black card stock

Card front sheet, decoupage sheet and the insert sheet

Glamour dust

Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine



Shaping tool from

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I folded the black card using line 7 of the eazi score board then spun the card around and scored again, this extra scored piece was then cut off to create the 6x6 card blank.

After cutting the elements from the decoupage sheet I used double sided tape to attach the main design to the card blank.

The way the decoupage or is it pyramage is done on these kits is very different to any I have done before.

As I cut out the pieces I added the number to the reverse – this is because I think it would be easier knowing which piece to use next.

The pieces on this kit are square – there are the main image then 5 squares which are all the same size

So the idea is to glue the base backing paper to the card blank with double sided tape, then add the ribbon strip across the centre, left to right using double sided tape.

After that the fine stripped panel of paper was attached to the left side of the card and finally the main image is adhered across the card.

I chose my sentiment from the 4 or 5 on offer and matted it to a piece of the black card I cut off to make up my card blank – the sentiment was then stuck on the main image panel at the left side with double sided pads.

Now its time to build the decoupage so I added small double sided sticky pads to the back of all 5 squares – the main design was printed on the panel so I used square 1 and lined it up with the image – the number 2 and so on till all 5 pieces had been put in place.

I haven't yet glittered up the card but it will be done before it is used...

Lastly was the insert – it is 2 separate pieces, I used Picasa so I could add a simple verse before printing.

As I said earlier I'm not really sure how I should describe the card – its like a pyramage but also like a twisted pyramage – but then it doesn't build up – it builds around the main image

All in all its a very clever design

So easy to do as every piece is simply straight lines so easy to cut with scissors, rule and scissors or a paper trimmer.

I love the cards and have now made up 4 or 5 of them...

Hope you like it too.

Until the next card then....


No comments:

Post a Comment