Wednesday 21 November 2012

The Dancer


Hi again

I have been making some quick and pretty cards – my best friend Jae sadly lost her wonderful husband Stu a couple of weeks ago and as you can expect it knocks you off your feet good and proper..

Well Jae is a wonderful card maker – she has some stunning creations in her portfolio but I think its going to be a long hard few months for Jae now and the last thing she will be thinking about is making Christmas cards

So I have decided that every time I make one for me or an order I will make a card for Jae too – I will leave off the sentiment and not add an insert then Jae can put her finishing touches to them

I have set a target of 24 to be ready for around 7th December....will I do it? Yes I think I will....

Anyway this card is a quick make but its lovely too....the image is from the

Lily Of The Valley mini masterpieces collection

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

Red A4 card

A5 piece of holly backing paper

small pieces of gold mirri card

cream & gold foiled sentiment

red with white spots ribbon

Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I scored the red card to create the A5 card blank

The backing paper was trimmed down to size with the deckle edged trimmer and stuck to the front of the card using double sided tape – I left a narrow border all round the edges.

The main image was trimmed down and the corners punched with the Martha Stewart snowflake corner punch

The image was then matted onto a piece of gold mirri again leaving a border all round.

This panel was stuck to the top part of my card with double sided tape

Just below the main panel I stuck the sentiment – this too was stuck with double sided tape.

And that just leaves the red spotty ribbon which I tied in a bow and left long tails – I added a little double sided tape to the end of the tails and pushed them under the backing paper at the bottom of the card

All that was left to do was add the insert and then glitter up...

I used Cosmic Shimmer PVA to cover all the white furry bits of the coat then covered with glamour dust which gives a lovely thick looking glitter but is a cheap way to do it and it dries much quicker than Stickles

Now tell me you would de disappointed to receive a card like this? It only took around 15 minutes to make and its all flat so if it had to be sent in the post it would go as a standard 1st or 2nd class card!!!

Thoughts on the Lily Of The Valley images?

See you next time with more quick but pretty cards

x

No comments:

Post a Comment