Saturday 24 November 2012

Barn Owl card


Evening

I thought we had managed to escape the rain here in Hull but it started a few hours ago and boy is it coming down – poor dogs had their night walk cut down a fair bit as they hate the rain as much as we do!!

Anyway to the card – as most of you know we are lucky enough to own 3 real live owls and I do have a thing about owl – if I see a picture, ornament or whatever and it has an owl on I have to have it

So when I opened this fab new cd from www.cardcreationsplus.co.uk and saw it had a Barn Owl I just had to get the printer working hard again

So the cd is called Brush Strokes In The Wild and if you love wildlife you need this cd!! It had lions, tigers, elephants, giraffes and many more beautiful animals – oh and the Barn Owl of course!

I printed one set out which was 2 sheets for the card base and decoupage, and a sheet of backing paper and an insert – this made one card – which I am sharing here today – but I also printed out 2 different sheets of toppers and so far I have made 4 other Barn Owl cards – all different – and still have enough toppers for at least another 3 cards!!!


So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

White A4 card

A4 backing paper

A4 gold mirri card

cream & gold foiled sentiment

Black glitter by Debbi Moore

Dusty Concord ink pad

Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I scored and folded the white card to create my A5 card blank

The insert was printed but still had the white edges so I trimmed the white then added the insert – rather than glitter and wait for it to dry before opening the card to add it.

I cut the main image and matted it onto a piece of gold mirri card and this was then positioned on the white card

The decoupage was cut out – this was so easy to do and only had 2 or 3 pieces to cut out and add

Once the decoupage was in place – I used tiny sticky pads – I used the quickie glue pen to highlight the edges of the silhouette trees in the background then covered it all with the lovely black glitter.

I added a small dot of gold stickles to the moon then rubbed it off again leaving just a little track of it.

The cream and gold foiled sentiment was added at an angle to the bottom right of the card

The only downside is it all seems dark – too dark in places – I have looked at several of the other animals on the cd and it seems it was just the owl – but I guess owls are usually known to be out in the darkness....

I hope you do like the card – I will share the others in one go tomorrow night!

Ok – see you next time...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment