Wednesday 14 November 2012

Light Up The Way....


Hello

Today's card is lovely – but maybe its odd at the same time...Why? Well why would a snowman be carrying a lighthouse???

Never mind lets just get on!

The sheet is from www.craftsuprint.com but as usual I cant find the sheet to tell you who designed it or the item number...

But here is the card....


So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

A4 dark blue shimmer card

Decoupage sheet

Blue wire edged glittered organza ribbon

A foiled christmas sentiment

Corner chomper

Glossy Accents

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

The dark blue shimmer card was scored on the eazi score board and folded in half to create the card blank

I used the corner chomper to round off the 4 corners

Next I used the length of beautiful blue wired organza ribbon – this was approx 2” wide and edged with silver thread – in the centre of the ribbon is a lovely silver glittered pattern

I stuck the ribbon down with tape at the rear of the card

Next I trimmed the main design and then when I was happy with the size I rounded the corners and put double sided tape around the edges at the back, removed the backing tape and stuck the panel on the card leaving enough room below the image for a sentiment to be added.

The decoupage was cut out and added to the main image with small sticky pads.

When all the decoupage was added I trimmed a silver foil sentiment and after adding double sided tape to the back I stuck it on my card at an angle just below the image

To decorate the card I sued the quickie glue pen and glamour dust – it went on the trees, the grasses and randomly on the ground.

Glossy accents were added to the nose and parts of the lighthouse.

That's another lovely christmas all finished with insert and envelope, its gone in the box with all the others – although I need lots for family and friends I know people are going to ask me to make them a selection of cards so I just keep on doing them – often repeating my favourites so I get to keep some for our use!!

See you next time....

x

No comments:

Post a Comment