Saturday 17 November 2012

Christmas House Mouse


Hello

The card for today is one I made up as a project for my class

It is using the lovely new Christmas House Mouse cd

There are some beautiful images on the cd but for some reason I was drawn to this one....

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

8x8 scallop edge card blank

Decoupage sheet

Tinsel ribbon bow

Pale green scroll backing paper

House Mouse matching backing paper

Gold patterned mirri card

Glamour dust

Quickie glue pen

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

The card blank was folded on the pre scored line then I marked a line from top left to bottom right corner on the FRONT of the card blank then cut it away – I didn't throw the triangle I cut off as I will use it in another project

I covered the remaining card front with the pale green scroll patterned paper leaving a narrow border along the bottom edge – I kept the remainder of the paper for later.

I then cut the base image and matted it onto a piece of the gold mirri leaving a border all round – then stuck the panel on the cut off front – I lined it so I just had a border at the bottom and left side.

Opening up the card I covered the reverse of the the front with the same backing paper and then pieced what was left to cover the reverse of the main image panel.

Once that was all done I trimmed the sentiment and attached that over the backing I had just covered.

Next I used the matching backing paper and trimmed it to fit the inside of the card – as it has the image printed to the bottom corner I made sure I got that in place and cut the excess from the top and left side so it fitted correctly.

Back to the card front – I cut out the pieces of decoupage and added tiny sticky pads to the pieces and built up the image

When it was all in pace I used the quickie glue pen to highlight sections of the design then covered with glamour dust and tapped away the excess

The lovely dark red tinsel bow was stuck just above the panel using pva glue.

With a small strip of gold mirri that was left I rounded the corners of it then stuck in top right corner of the inside and the stuck a Merry Christmas circular sentiment in the centre of it.

The card looks great and I should think its suitable for male or female and any age group.

I really enjoyed putting this project together and I am sure it will be well received too!.

What do you think to it??

See you next time....

x

1 comment: