Sunday 1 July 2012

Christmas Set 39


Hi again

Today's card is made from a kit that was purchased from


Its called 5x5 Christmas Set 39

I love the kits from Lynzey as you get so much in them for a small amount of money!!

This kit has the main card, the matching insert, the sheet of decoupage – there is so many pieces to the decoupage it will easily make up another card! And then 2 sheets for the envelope.

I imported the kit into Picasa and added a simple verse to the insert before printing all the sheets onto 128gsm matt photo paper.

I then used Crafters Companion Stick & Stay to stick the main sheet to a sheet of A4 red card

The card was then cut out and put to a side for now

I trimmed down the insert then scored and folded it ready to put into the card.

As I mentioned Lynzey is very generous with the amount of decoupage on the sheet so I started with the 2nd layer then did every other – that means I have the full 1st layer to add to my choice of backing paper to create my own card...

I added the chosen decoupage to the card front using tiny double sided sticky pads

Once the decoupage was all done I added my insert

After that it was just decoration needed so used Cosmic shimmer PVA glue wherever the design needed snow or fur – so that was snowflakes falling all over the card, the pompom on both hats, the band around the teddies hat, cuffs and trim of his jacket and then the snow on the ground – so with this nice thick layer of glue I poured lots of glamour dust all over and left for an hour or so until the PVA had dried then tapped away the excess – this gives a lovely thick coating of glitter compared to using the quickie glue pen.

Last to be added were 3 small red pearls along the side of the topper

A really pretty & cute christmas that would be appreciated by young and old alike!

Just realised I havent taken a pic of the envelope for you to see - sorry!

Thanks for dropping in – see you tomorrow?

x

1 comment: