Thursday 26 July 2012

Shabby Chic Christmas


Hi

I have at last a card to share with you

Its a quick and easy card but you can add whatever you fancy to it despite it coming through as a card on a sheet

This is from the new Debbi Moore Shabby Chic Christmas Collection

Its a 4 cd set but so lovely I'm glad I managed to get my hands on it!

I went print happy when browsing it this morning – wouldn't mind but I've had the cd for a week or two but only just looked through it!

In the end – and only because I was running short of time – I made up one of the Quick Cards – this was the A5 size – she does them in A5, A6 and Square

So after printing the sheet I first noticed that the 3 sentiments on the sheet were things I would never use – it was With All My Love, Peace On Earth and the last Just For You – as I said, I wouldn't use any of them – especially knowing this is just a general christmas card

So what I did was cut one of the sentiment panels out and then a piece of black card that fitted inside the actually frame – after rummaging through my left over sentiments from other cards I came across something suitable – so simply stuck it in place with double sided tape!

For my card I cut out the backing panel which has a printed border – cut out the image panel and mounted this onto foam tape and stuck inside the backing panel leaving enough space at the bottom to attach my sentiment.

As I wanted to use a red card bland I decided to mat the main panel onto gold mirri then onto my card blank...

A length of green printed ribbon was simply stuck down the fold edge.

For decoration I used Stickles in gold, silver, red and holly green – dots of these were randomly placed over the christmas tree and the holly green created larger dots of colour in the 4 outer corners.

The silver was used on the sentiment panel

And that's another traditional christmas card added to the pile!

See you the next time...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment