Friday, 13 July 2012

Make A Wish....


Feeling a tad better today and was eager to get the shopping done and put away so I could have a play

I used a variety of rubber stamps some new and some not far off new.

To make this card I first cut up a sheet of Stamps Away Stamp & Colour 200gsm ultra smooth white card

I used Inkilicious Make a Wish set – popped the 2 different sized dandelion heads onto my acrylic block then inked it with Autumn Leaves by Kaleidacolor – I then randomly stamped the images re-inking each time

After cleaning the stamps they were put back in their packaging and next I added 3 or 4 different stamps from the Inkilicious Essential Grasses stamps – inked them with the same ink pad and stamped in between the dandelions

These were cleaned and packed away then it was the last 2 stamps I needed – the first was the scattered dandelion seed from the Make a Wish set – these were stamped to look as though they had been blown from the large dandelions – this time I just used the yellow ink pad in the set

The Make a Wish was stamped to the top left corner using the bright orange ink from the same pad

Next came the matting and layering

After cropping the white card close to the stamped design I matted onto dark brown, then a tan colour card leaving a narrow all round border both times

Next I used a piece of dark green card which I left a deep border at the top and bottom as well as the left side – the right hand side border was much wider as I wrapped a piece of sage green spotted ribbon around it then tied another piece into a knot around it.

Using large sticky pads the whole panel was then ready to be mounted onto the card blank.

This card blank was a 5”x 7” scalloped edge card – I used a piece of cut and dry and 2 different Tim Holtz distress ink pads to colour wash the edges – I used Brushed Corduroy and Frayed Burlap.

The panel was then positioned centrally.

I tied a neat bow using brown spotted ribbon – left the tails a little longer than normal and attached it to the top left corner.

A selection of silk flowers in shades of green, brown and blue were built up and secured with a gem set brad then attached to the bottom right of the card with a blob of Pinflare silicone glue

To finish this card I used yellow and orange stickles which were dotted over the dandelion heads randomly

I hope you like the card as much as I enjoyed making it up!

I know now I do like rubber stamping – more so knowing it doesn't need to be coloured in!!

See you tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment