Friday 20 July 2012

Messy Play???


Hi

Well today I was having a tough time with these blasted knees of mine tried watching tv, then reading but just couldn't settle so came back to the craft room for a play – as we all know we just forget everything when concentrating on our cards don't we?

So anyway I put Create & Craft on to find my idol Ali Reeve and Stamps Away was just starting – had a quick check on the C&C website, saw what I wanted and then placed my order on A1 Crafts – its the same stuff – slightly cheaper – all in stock – and FREE P&P

Ali for those who don't know if a fab messy crafter – she uses masks and micas and all her work is amazing – in my opinion

I worked more or less along side her today – she said she was going to show a way of using a mask, die cutting machine, double sided sticky sheets and glitter!

I gathered the gear and did as she did and wow it really worked – so easy too...

This card is made using her techniques for today.

The large design was made by cutting a piece from the double sided sticky sheet to fit the image, carefully peel off one side and lay it flat – sticky side up!

Next take a bar of ordinary soap, rub it all over the mask you are using, then flip it over so its soap side down onto the sticky – the idea is the soap will stop your mask sticking to sticky sheet.

Next cover the whole of the sticky with your choice of glitter – use a bottle as a roller to compress the glitter then tip it back in the tray.

Now peel off the mask and cover with 2nd glitter, press again then tip away excess.

I then matted onto a piece of silver mirri board.

The next technique was using a mask that was inked well with versamark, now using the die cutting machine – I used my Cuttlebug – I laid out the 1st 2 plates then inked side up of the mask then my card, after putting them through the bug I took the plates off to reveal the card which had been embossed – then I sprinkled with coffee embossing powder and heated.

This was then cropped and edged with the fab new Tim Holtz distress ink pad Shaded Lilac.

The last technique was a stamp that was stamped with versamark and then covered with mica powder and I whizzed over with the heat gun to set the mica.

To make the card I used an A4 sheet of white card then created a tri fold using my eazi score board, after that I sliced off a panel

Using my lovely geared punch from Tonic I punched a border where I had taken the excess from

I also used 3 panels of black card which I punched the same border at top and bottom – these were then adhered to the front, middle and back panels and then the designs matted onto them!

If you have any double sided sheets and a mask or stencil have a go at this technique its great fun!

See you next time...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment