Saturday 21 July 2012

Sleep Tight


Hi

I really hope the sun was shining for you today – it certainly was here in Hull...so naturally I had to take advantage of it

I went out to the garden armed with a box that contained ribbons, a pair of scissors and my lovely Kindle!

I sat and played with the ribbon – after seeing a you tube demo then have almost 1-2-1 tuition at the Summer Crafting show last week I set out to learn how to make a ribbon wreathe – and hooray – I did it!!!

Well that has nothing to do with the card for today – but I was so chuffed it finally fell into place I just had to tell you all...

The card today is made using a sheet designed by Janet Briggs – its from crafts you print and the sheet number is 327323_68

This should make a 6x6 card but I decided to make it into an 8x8 – I did this by using an 8x8 scalloped edge card blank from www.craftworkcards.co.uk

Taking a sheet of 8x8 spotty paper I trimmed it down slightly and then punched the 4 corners using a Martha Stewart punch called Bubble Bath – I glued this paper to the card front.

Next I used a wide strip of heart design holographic mirri card – punched the left side with my Tonic border punch then stuck to the card using double sided tape – I positioned it a few centimetres from the left edge

After the main image was cut from the sheet I stuck it so it covered majority of the mirri card panel and the rest of it was on top of the paper backing – the corners of the main image actually fitted in between the large holes of the punched corners.

All the decoupage was cut out and layered up using small sticky pads. Next I used a quickie glue pen to highlight where I wanted to add the pink glitter – so around the heart shaped sentiment, the edge of the quilt and the corners

Glossy accents were also used to add shine to the heart of the crib, the teddy and the flowers in the far background.

Using 3 different paper flowers I pierced a hole through the centre and added a pink spotted brad – the flower was stuck to the bottom left corner with Pinflare gel – a dab of glue was on each petal and then it was sprinkled with pink glitter.

Finally I used some beautiful gems that look as though they have glass chippings stuck to them for sparkle – these went into the 4 outer corners of the main image.

Sadly I used my glue pen to highlight the decoration on the crib and then glittered it – only then did I see I had missed the outline and made a real of it!

Since taking the photographs I have managed to erase that glitter and done it correctly – phew!!

See you next time

x

No comments:

Post a Comment