Sunday, 12 May 2013
So sorry I didnt come on yesterday, my friends Beth & Mike who helped us move in own a beautiful canal boat which is moored near to Gainsborough – well she invited me to go and stay the night with them as she knew Pete had been doing a bird show Saturday and another was planned for today so I was on my own...well I too'd and fro'd but in the end said yes so they picked me up around 8pm and off I went – it was a wonderful night.
And so now back to the card for today – I am entering this one in the CD Sunday challenge blog as the theme fits the card – I hope!
The beautiful Sunflower topper was from the lovely new cd by Card Creations Plus its called Flowers In Bloom, if you haven't seen this cd then I recommend it highly, the art work is stunning.
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
Cream a4 card
bronze pearlescent paper
main image and backing paper.
Martha Stewart Loopy corner punch
Small piece bronze holographic mirri card and butterfly punch
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I created the A5 card blank by folding the cream card in half, then measured a piece of the bronze paper to fit the front – the 4 corners were then punched and the panel stuck to the card with double sided tape.
The backing paper was trimmed so it fitted inside the bronze panel, and again stuck in place.
I had printed a sheet of square sunflower toppers and choose this one as I was taken with the text around the image...so it was cut down then matted onto a piece of bronze holographic card.
Next I measured a square of bronze paper and punched the corners - the matted topper fitted perfectly into the corners.
A simple cream Jest To Say sentiment was stuck below the image with sticky pads.
I used the Papermania butterfly punch to punch out 2 butterflies – they were cut away from the mirri card and after bending the wings slightly I added double sided tape to the bodies only then stuck one below the sentiment and the other in the bottom left corner of the topper panel.
To finish I simply highlighted sections with the quickie glue pen and then sprinkled with glamour dust.
And that's it folks – one more card completed.
I had someone in mind when I made up this card – it was for our lovely new neighbours who called by last week with flowers and said hello...I was so sure I had seen a lovely verse somewhere about coming to our new home and having such lovely neighbours – well I couldn't find the verse so the card is just in the box now!
This is another card that will be in the to use or for sale box.
Catch you again next time – same place folks