Friday 24 May 2013

Badger Sett

Hiya
I made this card the day the great new La Pashe cd arrived – its called Behind Closed Doors Pop Up cards and it is fab!!
The cards are simple to do but look great.
It was a tough choice trying to decide which to do but I have a soft spot for Badgers so that's what I went for in the end.
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
White a4 card
Printed main sheet
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card …
I started by cutting the white card down to the size of the main image then once I stuck the main image in place I cut out the doors and marked on the white card where they would go which left me plenty to chop down with the paper trimmer
Once I was happy they were the right size I stuck the door panels to the outside of the gatefold card using photo glue – don't know I opted for that but it worked so all was good.
The cd offers a sheet on how to do the pop ups as well as a template so I printed the sheets and it was easier than I thought – I simply had to cut the card I had over from my A4 sheet so it would crease and fold to make up a rectangular piece which was then glued to the inside of the doors – the cut out piece of design is then stuck to the pop out piece with double sided tape, then that's it – card made. Once you open the doors its as though you are looking into a card but close the doors and its all flat for posting!!!
I am pretty sure I will be doing plenty more of these super cards – on the cd there are some unusual designs not just animals but things to suit all ages and styles...I highly recommend this cd – its called Behind Closed Doors Pop UP Cards by La Pashe...feel free to email me for more info on the cd.
This is to go into the use it or sell it box with all the others so if it takes your fancy email me!!
See you next time
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment