Saturday 25 May 2013

Dress Shop


Hiya

I just love love love this card!!!

In fact its from the fab new cd Fabulous Fashion by Katy Sue/House of Zandra

The cd is filled with beautiful artwork for dresses, bags and hats.

Its a double cd rom and cd2 features the shop front and a choice of toppers, single images or decoupage images to go behind the windows.

Bet you will love it when you see this card too.

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

White a4 card

Printed shop sheet

Printed decoupage sheet

Acetate

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card …

The shop front was trimmed a little then I used Crafters Companion Stick & Stay on the back and stuck this to the sheet.

I then cut out the shop front and carefully cut away all the small windows...in a few places I had white showing through so used an aqua marker that was a good match to colour in between all the panes so no white was left..

Next I placed a small piece of acetate behind the windows securing it with double sided tape.

Using my X-Cut V paper trimmer as a scorer I scored down the pre printed lines on the front and back of the card then carefully stuck them all together, this is what then formed the shop front!

The base image was trimmed and then after cutting out all the decoupage I built it up using small sticky pads.

Once that was completed I used some photo glue on the back and slotted this panel behind the acetate window, sliding it around until I was happy with it!!!

This was then left on a side to dry thoroughly.

As well as this looking a fab card it folds flat for posting which I liked.

It fits into an 8x8 envelope.

I have done some exciting things using this cd but you are just going to have to wait to see what they are!!!

Anyone from my class reading this will hopefully be pleased to know this is the project for this week!!!

This is to go into the use it or sell it box with all the others so if it takes your fancy email me!!

See you next time

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment