Friday, 10 May 2013

Pink Rose With Cut Out Centre

For anyone who has either followed me from the start or spent time looking back at what I have made in the past this card will look familiar.
But only when the card is open!!
I used Cupcake Bloomilicious and its set 13 should anyone else fancy having a go at it!
Have to say this is one cd I would hate to lose from my collection!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
white a4 card
patterned silver mirri card
main image and backing paper.
Shaped nestability die
Victorian Velvet ink pad & brush
Small piece pink ribbon
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Shaping tool from
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
To start with I folded the white card in half making my A5 card blank. I used the blending brush and Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet ink pad which coloured the edges of the card front.
Using the Cuttlebug and shaped die I cut out a panel from one half of the patterned backing paper, then using double sided tape I stuck this centrally on the card front.
The main image sheet was an easy to cut out pyramid design so using my paper trimmer I cut out the 5 pieces and matted them on top of each other using large sticky pads.
Next I cut a piece of patterned silver mirri card to fit as a mat for the design.
Using the nipped corner punch I used it on the main pyramid and the silver mirri mat
Large sticky pads were placed on the back of the silver mat and then this panel was secured to the card front.
Onto the insert now – I started by removing all the white area in the centre, then folded in half and then the front and back in half again as in a gatefold card.
I added double sided tape to the outer most pieces and put to one side for now.
Taking the left over backing paper I folded it in half, added double sided tape to the outer edges, placed into the fold of the card, removed one piece of backing from the tape then turned the whole card over and removed the other backing.
This now partly covered the very inside centre.
So back to the main insert with the cut out centre, I lined up the left hand side, removed backing tape and secured in place.
I closed the card and pressed firmly so the insert stuck.
Opening the card up again I was able to remove the last piece of backing paper from double sided tape and secured the insert firmly in place.
And that's the card completed.
The inside of the card looks so pretty with the paper in the inside centre and the pop out cut out centre of the insert – not forgetting the contrasting Birthday sentiment
I have a baw ready to go on the card front and may add a touch of glitter or some glossy accents – as yet I haven't decided.
This is this weeks class project so I hope the ladies will enjoy making it!
This is another card that will be in the to use or for sale box.
Catch you again next time – same place folks


  1. What a great insert idea Angie. A very pretty pink card........well I would like the pink wouldn't I lol Hugs Wynn xx

  2. What gorgeous card Angie - inside and out. Thank you for joining CD Sunday again this week.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

  3. A beautiful card & I love the insert. Haven't made one like that for ages.
    Gloria x
    GDT for May @ CD Sunday

  4. A beautiful card Angela, Cupcake certainly knew how to do lovely floral CD's. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

  5. Nice to see you again and with such a beautiful creation, it really is a lovely card.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

  6. A beautiful creation Angela, I love the image and the insert is fabulous.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

  7. Another lovely card Angela. No problems with more than one.
    Thank you for joining in again.
    Carol x
    Cd Sunday DT

  8. Beautiful card, love your style and layout

  9. Lovely card, inside and out.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

  10. fabulous card Angela, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x