Tuesday, 21 May 2013
The Honey Pot
I made this card a few days ago and had intended on sharing it once I had shared the 2 baby cards but then missed a few days, after that it was Layton's card so you are seeing it now.
The card was made using May's stamped project kit from www.dimensionstamps.com and it was used in my class this evening and very well received it was too!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
Cream a4 & A5 card
A5 brown card cut into 2 pieces
rubber stamps & assorted sized blocks
Rich cocoa memento ink pad
water colour pencils
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I folded the cream A4 card in half to create my A5 card blank. The large flower cluster was stamped along the right hand side of the card, I stamped mine in the middle then half at the top and half at the bottom – the ladies in class did it their way so some stamped 2 along the edge and filled in at top and bottom while others copied mine.
The cream card was cut down to measure 7cmx19cms, then I started at the bottom with Sweet as Honey – then the honey pot – next Hope you have a BEEutiful Birthday – then the beehive – Bee Happy and finally the bee...in fact I did the bee on the cut off waste of cream card and cut it out to decoupage it.
That was all the stamping completed so next it was colouring with water colour pencils and water brush.
I don't know the correct way to colour with them so I use the water brush to pick up colour from the point of the pencil then colour and it works really well for me.
Once the large flowers on the main card were coloured I cut out around them and stuck one of the pieces of brown card behind it – lining it up with the edge of the card first.
I nipped the corners of the cream stamped panel and then cut the brown card to 7.5cmx19.5cm and used it for a mat for my cream panel.
This panel was then stuck to the left of the card front over lapping the flowers slightly – I used large sticky pads to do this.
Then it was just a case of adding different gems to the flower centres and the 4 nipped corners of the panel.
The 2nd bee I stamped and cut out was coloured then I used cosmic shimmer glue on the wings and covered with chunky glitter..stuck it over the base bee with double sided tape but flicked the wings up rather than sticking them down
To finish I used glossy accents on the runny honey and the opening of the bee hive
Now I have heard lots of differing comments on this card – some say it will make a great mans card while others say it looks too feminine.
Some people know of bee keepers and others just said they loved it as it was different and had a cuteness about it!
Whatever your thoughts, I just hope you like it.
This is another card that will be in the to use or for sale box.
Catch you again next time – same place folks