Friday, 22 February 2013
Ye Olde Garden Shoppe
Hello again my blogger friends
I just had to share a super card that I got made up this evening..
Its from the new Debbi Moore Garden Bookazine
Its really quite simple to do once you get your head around the folds.
The pattern is over 2 sheets – one is the shop front and the other the shop back
The downside is lots of cutting out to do – but hey its got to be worth it – even if you cut out a few bits now and then if you think it too much of a challenge to do in one go.
The more I look at this bookazine the more I get to wanting the full set of new Shabby Chic cds to arrive!
I must mention this is NOT my design - its from the projects in the bookazine - but I have changed how things went to make it my card.
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
2 sheets A4 white card
The printed main sheet
A5 piece of matching backing paper
A few gems
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I started by transferring the markings from the template to the 2 sheets of A4 card
I scored all the relevant score lines then carefully cut away the windows
The centre fold has the semi circle cut out for some reason – it also had 2 small tabs to cut out – these held the card front to the card back
To be sure I had the folds the right way I used a couple of paper clips to hold front and back in place.
Next I added the pink scallop trim to the top of the card and the green shabby effect border strip to the bottom – I used photo glue so I would have time to get them straight.
Then it was down to adding the many elements that were on the sheet...
I cut 2 panels of matching paper the same size as the shelves and they were stuck to the left side of the shelves.
I used a strip of matching paper with a small pattern down the last panel and hung a Green Fingers plaque to it1
To the door I added an Open sigh, drew in a faux hanger and then used pretty gems as a nail for the hanger and also where the hanger would go into the plaque.
On the shelves were plant pots, gloves, trowels, carrots, seed packets etc – they were random placed across the 2 sets of shelves.
The wheelbarrow was propped up again the “wall” and a pair of wellies left again some pretty shrubs.
I had a mishap with the shop name plaque – so ended up having to cut it right down then matted it onto a scrap of cerise mirri card...because I had cut parts of the flower corners off I used some pink flower shaped gems in the corners
And that's as far as I have got – I will finish it off with flower soft in the wheelbarrow and either glitter or add stickles to the flowers in all the shrubs and maybe some glossy accents on the plant pots!
The great thing with this card is is closes up to fit into an A6 envelope – such a nice change having a big card that actually fits into a small envelope!
Would love to hear comments on this card please....
Thanks for dropping by
See you again tomorrow friends!