Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Baby Boy Card

Hello blogger friends
I found out this afternoon that the lady who does my nails – Teresa – became a nana for the 2nd time on Sunday
Her daughter Fallon gave birth to a healthy little boy called Frankie.
Well it just so happens I get my nails done tomorrow and being organised for a change had already made the 2 cards I needed so went to put them in my bag so I wouldn't forget in the morning only to find there was only the one for the grandparents there.
So I searched and search – but have absolutely no idea as to where it might be – I know they were both put together – and I even have the photos from the missing card on my pc
So rather than keep on wasting time I just printed a sheet and sat cutting it out across teatime
Its now all put together so I thought I would make it my card for today as it does look pretty!
The sheet was by Janet Briggs and it came from crafts you print – I have it save as New Baby Boy so don't know if that's the correct name for the sheet – I may have changed it when I got it to make it easy to search for – your guess is as good as mine on it!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
8x8 pre scored card blank
The printed main sheet
A5 piece of blue mirri card
3 different light blue papers
Oddments of blue card stock
blue gingham ribbon
card candy
Glossy accents
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Shaping tool from
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I folded the pre scored shaped 8x8 card then coloured the edges lightly with an applicator tool and tumbled glass distress ink.
A piece of dark aqua coloured card was used to mat a piece of blue swirly paper.
I stuck that panel along the fold edge leaving a small border.
I used a piece of text backing paper – just cut to a size that would fit in the card and then matted it to a piece of lovely pale blue shimmer paper – I'm sure there is a name for it but I don't know it!
This panel was stuck over the 1st panel and over towards the opening of the card
Double sided tape was used for the matting and for securing the panels to the card.
Finally I cut the main image from the sheet and matted this onto some blue mirri card and trimmed it to leave a small border.
This panel was positioned across the two other panels but staying close to the opening edge.
I came across a narrow piece of blue gingham paper so trimmed it and stuck a length of narrow dark blue gingham across it and secured to the spine edge of the card using sticky pads this time.
Using the same ribbon I tied a small ribbon bow but left the legs long – the bow was attached to the top of the ribbon order with a small sticky pad.
After all the decoupage was added it was time to decorate the card – I havent done much as yet because without really thinking I used baby blue stickles glue to colour the spots on the blanket which means I cannot do much else until that dries properly.
3 pale blue with stars card candy was added along the top left corner and bottom right corner to finish
I think this took me about an hour to make up – once I saw the sheet I knew it would be made up into a larger card and I really enjoyed making it
I'm so pleased I have a huge amount of the matt photo paper I use for my decoupage as well as a super printer that loves working hard for me!!!
I hope you like looking at this pretty card as I did making it!
Thanks for dropping by
See you again tomorrow friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment