Thursday 21 February 2013

Get Well Soon

Hello again my blogger friends
Now today's card is one I made a while ago – I have had all the photos ready but hing back as I made it for one of my class ladies Suzanne who had a fall in her home not sure if it was New Years Eve or the day before and sadly broke her hip
Naturally I set to – as did majority of my class ladies – and made a card to cheer her up – so as Suzanne follows the blog I didn't want to share it before she actually had it
We took a bag full of cards round to Suzanne's at the end of January as it was also her birthday
So to my card – all I can tell you now is that it was bought from Crafts You Print I have no idea as to the sheet name or number nor who the designer was – sorry!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
A4 dark blue shimmer card
The printed main sheet
A few gems
Glossy accents
Crafters Companion Glitter Spray
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
The a4 card was folded to make the a5 card blank
The main image was cut from the sheet and attached to the card front with double sided tape
As is normally my way I left a narrow border all around the image.
And then came the cutting out – this sheet had loads to be cut out and some of it was quite tricky so I could see and forgive new card makers cutting off the tricky bits altogether!
As you can see on the card I printed Get Well soon in one of the spaces and added Suzanne to the pretty metal heart that hangs below the teapot of flowers
The decoupage was attached using double sided pads and I gently shaped all the top most pieces.
Pretty gems were added here and there to add glamour and glitz as much as anything then the whole card front was sprayed with Crafters Companion Glitter Spray for that WOW look.
Ok I know that in reality I didn't really do a lot to make this card mine – that has to be the biggest downfall with sheets from crafts you print – they are almost all cut and sticks – so the only personalisation that can be done is to add printed text as I did and then the gems and glitter spray
At the end of the day Suzanne was really pleased with it which was the aim of making it!
I had looked and looked for something pretty to make as a get well card and short listed around 6 but in the end I was really drawn to this one!
Hope you like it too.
Thanks for dropping by
See you again tomorrow friends!
x

3 comments:

  1. I love it Angie. There's a lot going on in this card which I think makes it a bit special and not at all just a cut stick card like you think. It's lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the above was from anonymous me.....Wynn lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great card from the craftroom of Angie xx

    ReplyDelete