Wednesday 27 February 2013

Envelope Card

Hello my blogger friends
I really hope today's card pleases you as much as it does me.
Its one of those that I just keep on looking at and smiling..its so pretty.
Sadly I have no idea of the designer or the sheet number but it did come from crafts you print.
The sheet didn't look much at all really but I do like to try vary the themes and styles of sheets I use so when I saw this as an envelope card I printed it and set about making it up
And am I pleased I did!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
1 sheet A4 black card
The printed main design sheet
A5 piece of silver mirri card
some clear AB gems
die cut butterfly using Marianne designs die
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
The black card was folded to create the A5 card blank...next the silver mirri card was cut to fit leaving the narrow all round border – I punched the 4 corners with a small corner punch then attached to the black card with double sided tape.
The main image was cut from the sheet and like the silver card, the corners were punched then this was stuck to the mirri card again to leave a border.
It was then down to the endless decoupage – I cut this out over a couple of days as it did get pretty boring doing the same thing over and again – there are 5 layers to this image.
The decoupage elements were added using mini sticky pads.
Once the decoupage was all done it was the sentiment – there were 3 different to chose from, I decided on Happy Birthday so added this with sticky pads too.
I added the pretty clear AB gems down the envelope at either side of the card front and a single gem in the centre
To the end of the sentiment I placed another gem and finished by popping one in each of the lower corners.
The top part of the envelope flap looked empty so I tied a few bows in different colour, widths, sizes but they didn't look right so in the end I cut out a pretty butterfly using a Marianne butterfly die and the cuttlebug.
I used Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet ink pad to lightly colour the butterfly top and underneath then sprayed the top with Crafters Companion Stick & Stay, waiting a few moments then dropped the butterfly into the tub of glamour dust
Once the glue had dried I used a little Cosmic Shimmer PVA to hold the butterfly in place – I left the wings unglued and slightly shaped with my fingers to finish.
So there you have it! One very pretty birthday card that females of almost all ages would be happy to receive if only for the glitter and glitz on show!
See you back here again soon then
Thanks for dropping by
This is another card for the “use or sell” box.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment